New Ambulances

Stretch
Forum Manager

New Ambulances

Post by Stretch »

Everyone knows the new ambulances that are huge and have emergency paramedic on the side???

Well are they any different to the normal ambulances or what???
Mitch Rogers
Daniel

Re: New Ambulances

Post by Daniel »

Different stickers and a newer version of the Mercedes.

QPS also have new stickers, new LEDs and new siren. (QPS new vehicles dont have spot lights!!!)

QFRS I have no idea what they have planned.
Daniel
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

QFRS as usual nothing.. haha

yeah QAS new vehicles have the new livery the "yellow" reflective tape to stand out in the crowd as with the QPS ew orange decals.

I had the privelage of attending a "secret" location to test the new livery on the ambulance/qps vehicles aswell as testing new LEDs on the all services vehicles...
It was a fantasic afternoon/evening watching all the trucks/cars on this racetrack side by side showing off the new face of emergency vehicles. *plus a good BBQ to finish lol*

The insides of the new QAS vehicles have "stryker" style stretchers which can carry more weight and are higher sitting stretchers very strong and very sturdy piece of equipment aswell inside the new layout is roomier for the Paramedic in the back tracel seat. Plus its new who doesnt like anything new..
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

So they're just regular paramedics???
Mitch Rogers
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

well unless theyve started recuriting superman paramedics im gonna have to say yes just regular paramedics... lol

only operations supervisors and our medical director have different words on the side of there vehicles
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

maccapro wrote:well unless theyve started recuriting superman paramedics im gonna have to say yes just regular paramedics... lol

only operations supervisors and our medical director have different words on the side of there vehicles
cheers macca

and the ambulances that say patient transport are they still paramedics???

Sorry for all the questions.
Mitch Rogers
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

no there the well.. Patient Transport haha just drive them too and from hospital appt for dialysis etc most retiring paramedics end up there days there as its a bludge haha
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

maccapro wrote:no there the well.. Patient Transport haha just drive them too and from hospital appt for dialysis etc most retiring paramedics end up there days there as its a bludge haha
:lol:ok fair enough

thanks for the info and i think ive run out of questions :P
Mitch Rogers
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

maccapro wrote:QFRS as usual nothing.. haha

yeah QAS new vehicles have the new livery the "yellow" reflective tape to stand out in the crowd as with the QPS ew orange decals.

I had the privelage of attending a "secret" location to test the new livery on the ambulance/qps vehicles aswell as testing new LEDs on the all services vehicles...
It was a fantasic afternoon/evening watching all the trucks/cars on this racetrack side by side showing off the new face of emergency vehicles. *plus a good BBQ to finish lol*

The insides of the new QAS vehicles have "stryker" style stretchers which can carry more weight and are higher sitting stretchers very strong and very sturdy piece of equipment aswell inside the new layout is roomier for the Paramedic in the back tracel seat. Plus its new who doesnt like anything new..
Sounds like they are/were behind us a little in NZ. I had been using the Strykers for the last 4 years, they can be operated by a single officer if needed be.

They are able to carry 240Kgs max, which I have had a patient at that weight, though I called in the fire service for lifting assistance
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

bodyguard wrote:They are able to carry 240Kgs max, which I have had a patient at that weight, though I called in the fire service for lifting assistance
:lol: Almost deserves to be put in the funny things section
"YOUNGN"
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

it funny till you find out that QLD health are spending millions on big people beds/equipment cause of how "fat" QLD is getting and the ambulance had to do the same at the moment there creating a "truck" that will carry big people A TRUCK!!! f%$k me...
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Ahhh you can add to that new planes to carry fat people.

It really is quite sad
Mitch Rogers
Comint

Post by Comint »

maccapro wrote: . . . and the ambulance had to do the same at the moment there creating a "truck" that will carry big people A TRUCK!!! f%$k me...
And QAS is still behind the times.
The Ambulance Service of New South Wales (ASNSW) has had Trucks for this purpose for about 5 years.

--
Comint
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

that just means NSW got fatter earlier so offically we are ahead..
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

maccapro wrote:that just means NSW got fatter earlier so offically we are ahead..
Techincally :wink:
Mitch Rogers