Help needed for UBCD436PT , please

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
nirvana

Help needed for UBCD436PT , please

Post by nirvana »

Good evening everyone. I am near Ballarat in Central Victoria . It`s been awhile between posts here.
I got a brand new UBCD436PT after using a UBCD396XT for 13 years and can`t get it to do what it is meant to do.
I am a not a technically minded radio person but have had the UBCD396XT scanning CFA victoria and previously the police frequencies when they were not encrypted with success but it was a learning curve for about 2 years while i learned to program and use it .
The new UBCD436PT is a whole new concept to me.No scan or hold button and the way they work has thrown me for a start . It has the Micro SD card to scan the CFA and other services and the supplier has stated that to access the region i want that all i need to do is type in the number and Enter. That is not working. They didn`t give me as much direction as i would have liked on what might be wrong. I mainly use region 15 to access the CFA, DELWP, SES etc and their supplimentary instructions state to press 15 and ENTER and it will scan all those services. NO GO . All it does is say quick keys on or off each time i do it and it won`t scan unless i go back to the menu button .It never worked from the time i got the scanner . The full database is turned on with no AVOIDS , the system Quick keys says no Quick keys assigned , but the SET quick key status for each service is switched ON and the services i want are set in the favourites list and all other services like METRO are turned off . Yet all i get is the scanner stuck on either DELWP for a couple of minutes or Victorian SMR MPT or it goes to custom scan and nothing happens. I have not been able to listen to anything ,but my old scanner is purring away hitting on everything. What have i done wrong ? What do i need to press on or off to get it all to work ?What steps should i take and what do i need to look for and where? I just want to simply scan my region`s services and those close by while using the quick keys in the easiest way possible . Is there a recommended place to take this that can sort this out in the Ballarat or Geelong area if i can`t do it myself ,please ? I live remotely ,so taking it to Melbourne is probably not an option ,but not off the cards. Thankyou for any help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
railscan

Re: Help needed for UBCD436PT , please

Post by railscan »

My first recommendation is download the Uniden Sentinel software:
https://uniden.com.au/product/ubcd436pt ... 8945a-630b
The software allows you to see the overall picture rather than just one window at a time.

Obviously the second recommendation is download the scanner to Sentinel. Plug in the supplied USB cable to lower USB socket on the right side of the scanner as you look at it, the other end to the computer. Press MENU which is the lower pad on the left side of the scanner, again as you look at it. Scroll to SETTINGS then press the E key, scroll to PC PROGRAMMING MODE then press E again. Wait a few seconds for the scanner and computer to communicate, a folder may appear on the screen when they do, if not don't worry. In Sentinel on the top line is the word SCANNER, click on it, three options will appear, you want READ. Follow the prompts to read the contents of the scanner, once downloaded click FILE, SAVE AS, save the contents to a folder of your choice, name it something that suits you.

Third recommendation after you have done all that is send me a Private Message with your name and phone number so I can ring you and talk you through the rest of the procedure. If I have to type it I will end up with stumps for fingers.

Russell
nirvana

Re: Help needed for UBCD436PT , please

Post by nirvana »

No worries. Thanks Russell. I will have a look at that. Cheers.