TGID 'avoid' Lockout

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
alan22

TGID 'avoid' Lockout

Post by alan22 »

I'm searching TGIDs on my neighbouring site, all successfully, now I've determined the (new) control channel! What I would now like to do is avoid specified TGIDs (unwanted search hits that have too much traffic). Not avoid frequencies, systems or sites. Just particular TGIDs. Nothing in the manual but I feel instinctively that it should be possible. Anyone found out how?
alan22

Re: TGID 'avoid' Lockout

Post by alan22 »

In relation to that, I found this reference to the SDS100 on a RadioReference forum

'ID Search stops on any active talkgroup, as long as it is not Avoided (you can Avoid (lockout) a talkgroup that is not programmed).'

I know that's for a different scanner but this suggests this might be possible but just undocumented for the 436. Any skilled 436 user (ie not me!) care to experiment? Prefer solution that I can apply through Sentinel.
Kazzaw
Forum Manager

Post by Kazzaw »

Hit avoid when you get the TG transmitting. Hit once for temporary (power cycle to re-enable) hit twice for permanent (re-enable though sentinel or menu)
alan22

Post by alan22 »

Thanks. I have also found a method of doing it thru' Sentinel. I'll post details when I've tested fully tomorrow!
alan22

Post by alan22 »

I can't find my notes on doing it from Sentinel.Kazzaw's method works fine on the fly. Could Could Kazzaw please say step by step how to find the avoid on Sentinel to unlock it?