Qld police loganholme

tas-scan-master

Qld police loganholme

Post by tas-scan-master »

Hey everyone, moving from Tas to Qld around the loganholme area. I have no idea about qld police radios, will I be able to listen to anything around that area?
Phil
Administrator

Re: Qld police loganholme

Post by Phil »

tas-scan-master wrote:Hey everyone, moving from Tas to Qld around the loganholme area. I have no idea about qld police radios, will I be able to listen to anything around that area?
Sadly no emergency services to listen to as they are all digital trunked with encryption.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Taiter2018

Post by Taiter2018 »

Phil wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:02 am
tas-scan-master wrote:Hey everyone, moving from Tas to Qld around the loganholme area. I have no idea about qld police radios, will I be able to listen to anything around that area?
Sadly no emergency services to listen to as they are all digital trunked with encryption.

Thats crazy haha... that's annoying, im going to miss listening to the services
railscan

Post by railscan »

It is not crazy it is in fact reasonable and understandable.

You like most people take steps to protect your information and data. The emergency services are no different. Whereas information was previously open to all, they (the emergency services and other government agencies) have decided to protect the data and particulars under their control.

We as scanner users (frankly I could not care less) might not like it, we might whinge and complain about them being public services and hiding from public scrutiny, but in reality government departments have a legislative requirement to protect data within their respective jurisdictions. They also have a legal obligation to provide a safe workplace. With certain people keeping track of police movements as an example, it could be argued it wasn't safe.

Encryption boys and girls is a fact of life, whether we like it or not it is going to be more widespread than ever before, especially on government radio networks and systems.

Some hobbyists have decided to quit, selling their equipment and moving on. Others move on looking for alternative listening targets.

Of course if you decide you don't want your scanners anymore, I can give you a PO box number to send them to, I will pay the postage. How does that sound?
Radio_Australia

Post by Radio_Australia »

Taiter2018 wrote:
Phil wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:02 am

Thats crazy haha... that's annoying, im going to miss listening to the services
Tasmania gov are starting to test a new digital p25 system in vhf and uhf , Telstra will be managing it , rumour has it it will be all encrypted like our GWN so you’re not going to miss out
tas-scan-master

Post by tas-scan-master »

railscan wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:55 pm It is not crazy it is in fact reasonable and understandable.

You like most people take steps to protect your information and data. The emergency services are no different. Whereas information was previously open to all, they (the emergency services and other government agencies) have decided to protect the data and particulars under their control.

We as scanner users (frankly I could not care less) might not like it, we might whinge and complain about them being public services and hiding from public scrutiny, but in reality government departments have a legislative requirement to protect data within their respective jurisdictions. They also have a legal obligation to provide a safe workplace. With certain people keeping track of police movements as an example, it could be argued it wasn't safe.

Encryption boys and girls is a fact of life, whether we like it or not it is going to be more widespread than ever before, especially on government radio networks and systems.

Some hobbyists have decided to quit, selling their equipment and moving on. Others move on looking for alternative listening targets.

Of course if you decide you don't want your scanners anymore, I can give you a PO box number to send them to, I will pay the postage. How does that sound?
im not having a winge mate. I understand fully why they do it. Coming from little old Tas who is so far behind is the crazy part. Telstra are currently installing a p25 system and commenced testing a month or two back.

What abiut Qrail up here?
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

Encryption.
Some like to know what is going on, and for the most part, are law-abiding people that won't act on what they hear.
There are also others that use the info they hear and broadcast to others, or to plan untoward and illegal acts.
I have it for work. As to personal, I hate it, but without any doubt, it is necessary with the ever increasing security threats throughout the world.

QLD GWN is P25 Phase II and 100% encrypted.
GWN coverage is only limited to SE corner of QLD (outside that bubble there is no GWN).
However, if in SE QLD, emergency services are active and heard on Air and Marine bands; including when Tx with services involved in/around Air and Sea.

NSW GRN are continually expanding coverage adding more sites throughout the state.
Future coverage will require adding some sites on elevated areas in QLD, SA and VIC.
Depending on setup location, if in far south Logan region with elevation and good antenna, you have potential to pickup a NSW GRN site (if not now, possibly in future).
Current testing of NSW GRN has coverage in southern areas of Gold Coast.
Terranora, Springbrook, Woodenbong and Toonumbar are NSW GRN site locations being setup to reach into SE QLD.

Don't ask - NSW Police coverage into SE QLD is encrypted.