PDW Help Please

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
toeskneez
Newly Registered Users

PDW Help Please

Post by toeskneez »

So I have an issue which I have no idea why it happens.
As per the screenshot, I can get days of perfect decoding and then for some reason it just turns to garble. I reset and it can be good again for hours, sometimes days, but sometimes even after a few minutes it can happen again and it never rights itself. I am running an RTL-SDR using Airspy and have been for ages. I have tried all sorts of different volume combos, but with no luck.
Originally I thought it may have been a caching issue, but now I am just not sure. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jkl090

Re: PDW Help Please

Post by jkl090 »

I have similar issues with Airspy/RTL-SDR and PDW, I could not solve it but I did reduce it by creating a batch script to restart PDW every hour that seemed to reduce it a lot.
Boort8720

Post by Boort8720 »

This happens to me, but generally only after a week or so of continuous decoding
Mitch Baker - VK3GLV

Uniden UBCD396XT, BCT15X, UBCD996T, UBCD436-PT, Tait TM9100, Simoco SRM9000 (VHF + UHF DMAP), Icom IC-2730a, Codan 9323 (Codan 9030 Autotune Antenna), Retevis RT52
Bradfire73
Newly Registered Users

Post by Bradfire73 »

toeskneez wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:42 pm So I have an issue which I have no idea why it happens.
As per the screenshot, I can get days of perfect decoding and then for some reason it just turns to garble. I reset and it can be good again for hours, sometimes days, but sometimes even after a few minutes it can happen again and it never rights itself. I am running an RTL-SDR using Airspy and have been for ages. I have tried all sorts of different volume combos, but with no luck.
Originally I thought it may have been a caching issue, but now I am just not sure. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
I spent ages stuffing around with SDR dongles and even scanner with a discriminator tap, which was still touchy with volume controls where local RFS and another service I could decode at 100% and CFA etc over the border rarely worked. Today I received and FSK to RS232 interface, was virtually plug and play, no sound adjustments needed as soundcard isn't used and 100% decode rate on everything, even on things I thought came down to reception issues. If you can get yourself one of these with a scanner that has a discriminator tap, your problems will seem non existant. If someone can show me how to insert an image I will post pics
Comint

Post by Comint »

. . . . . . . Today I received and FSK to RS232 interface, was virtually plug and play, no sound adjustments needed as soundcard isn't used and 100% decode rate on everything, even on things I thought came down to reception issues. If you can get yourself one of these with a scanner that has a discriminator tap, your problems will seem non existant. If someone can show me how to insert an image I will post pics
When you are drafting a message, there are two Tabs at the bottom of the page. "Options" and "Attachments".

Click on "Attachments", and you will see an "Add files" Button. Click on that, and follow instructions.

--
Comint
rodgrech
Newly Registered Users

Post by rodgrech »

The issue is the PDW software itself, I recall reading somewhere that it causes a memory allocation error internally which it needs someone to restart the application. Running it on a system with 64gb ram tended to get me about 3 months of heavy use without a reboot

Remember this application hasn’t been updated for such a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk