TX6200

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
orion_jb2001

TX6200

Post by orion_jb2001 »

Hi all,

I have a TX6200, which at the moment, is only showing 40 ch's. Now I am not sure when I purchased it, though a few years ago, possibly before the 80 ch system came in. GME site a bit confusing, only makes reference to the 6200 being an 80 channel radio.

Now I have a programming cable on the way and have GME programming software DS0021.2.02 waiting to go. Now I am not sure what firmware version is on the radio nor can I find any reference to any firmware updates on the WWW at all for this radio. I am hoping if it is a firmware upgrade, to be able to do it myself. Any ideas on how to proceed with this??

Jeff
Xplorer

Re: TX6200

Post by Xplorer »

I don't have a GME radio to test it on, but found this sequence about upgrading to 80 channels.
From what this person has written, there is no firmware upgrade required.
Try it out at your discretion, otherwise, call GME direct or wait until someone that has upgraded one offers assistance.

https://www.patrol4x4.com/threads/repro ... els.88927/
orion_jb2001

Re: TX6200

Post by orion_jb2001 »

Hi, thanks for that, I had seen that method on line. Alas, the board and firmware can not be upgraded to the 80 ch's. Long story short. After pre ordering some parts for the 6200 BEFORE finding out that piece of information, I got around it, without blowing my money already spent, by finding a very good condition 7200, which all that new gear will fit.

Finally got all the bits and pieces of programming gear for these radios, successfully connected everything, but your really do need some sort of instructions about the actual programming.

So.........can you point me towards some sort of programming instructions for these radio's GME programming software.

regards,

Jeff