App for QFES incident details

Discussion on; police, fire, ambulance & voluntary rescue services
seqcc

App for QFES incident details

Post by seqcc »

I used to be really into emergency services scanning (spent many an afternoon listening to the QPS radio feed) and I currently am limited to listening to QFES station turnout frequency since obviously the main network is on the encrypted GWN.

Since then, after talking to someone who works for one of the major news networks (won't say which for their privacy) I've found out that the major media networks get all their details about QFES incidents from a special data feed (displayed in a mobile app/website similar to the current RFS incident website) but it shows which trucks are attending, incident details, etc.

Since this seems to be the 'scanning' of the future, does anyone know what that data feed might be? Searches have come up empty but I'm led to believe it might have something to do with the SES.
Radio_Australia

Re: App for QFES incident details

Post by Radio_Australia »

Yes I know the system your talking about , can’t think of the name ,

very limited data gets transferred onto it these days , not every job by any stretch of the imagination ,

Since GWN very limited data
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

If it is anything like the system that is used by NSW Police called ‘PEATS’ you would need to be an authorised user with a supplied username and password.

https://peats.police.nsw.gov.au
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

peteramjet wrote:If it is anything like the system that is used by NSW Police called ‘PEATS’ you would need to be an authorised user with a supplied username and password.

https://peats.police.nsw.gov.au
Hope it's not anything like the one they set up for media down here in Victora when VicPol went encrypted.

So heavily sanitised, moderated, jobs cleverly disguised with questionable descriptions and time delayed or removed altogether. The media didn't bother with it in the end and it was used by no-one so the service is shut down.

But then that just may be what some within VicPol hoped for, it's very easy to ensure a failure.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Comint

Post by Comint »

Pumper_50 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:02 am So heavily sanitised, moderated, jobs cleverly disguised with questionable descriptions and time delayed or removed altogether.
That's exactly how the Users describe the Queensland system.

--
Comint
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Not at all surprised.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

seqcc

Post by seqcc »

If the QLD system is password protected then someone has been sharing a password around because there are apparently quite a few non-official media sources (i.e freelancers with a smartphone camera) using it too based off a discussion I had recently. There also appear to be a number of facebook traffic pages using that feed to share info on traffic incidents, in my own experience this info has been shared just minutes after the crash happened so not too sure about a time delay.

Would anyone happen to know what it's called? Interesting to hear about it's flaws, I haven't heard anything like that myself but then again basically everything I know about this is based off one conversation.
gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse »

seqcc wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:47 pm Since this seems to be the 'scanning' of the future, does anyone know what that data feed might be? Searches have come up empty but I'm led to believe it might have something to do with the SES.
Yep, it's the scanning of the future mostly thanks to the idiots who were (and still are) transmitting on emergency services frequencies.
Xplorer

Post by Xplorer »

gasgrassorarse wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 12:14 pm
seqcc wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:47 pm Since this seems to be the 'scanning' of the future, does anyone know what that data feed might be? Searches have come up empty but I'm led to believe it might have something to do with the SES.
Yep, it's the scanning of the future mostly thanks to the idiots who were (and still are) transmitting on emergency services frequencies.
Yes, it happens all over the place unfortunately.
A flog in VIC transmitted on a police channel to stop a pursuit with a dangerous criminal.
This caused great confusion, then continued to banter the police. Now they are encrypted.
People like that make my blood boil, and should be thrown in the slammer for a considerable time for endangering life.
Name and shame, and hope their employer sacks the flogs.

Streaming emergency services online are just as bad.
Makes it now lesser of a hobby, which reduces possibilities for future scanner/receiver advancements.

Rant over

Back to your Q, sorry can't assist with data feeds.
seqcc

Post by seqcc »

Completely forgot about this thread, but a bit of an update, QFES have since created a public incident map that pulls incidents from their ESCAD system and makes the basic details such as location (accurate to a few meters) incident time, number of vehicles responding and number of vehicles on scene available to the public. It's almost identical to the previous bushfire map but now shows things such as house fires, accidents, HAZMAT calls, etc in real time.

It's not fully transparent (some incidents such as medical assist, mental health jobs and fire alarm calls aren't displayed for good reason) but it's updated every 5 minutes and so far seems very accurate, giving a great snapshot of current incidents around the state. Definitely a great move by QFES to make information available to the public, and while it's not as robust as the old system that I've mentioned in my previous posts (I eventually had a chance to test it out on a colleague's device), it's definitely more than I was ever expecting from them. The only thing I'd love to see added is the ability to see which trucks are attending, but that might be a bit of a stretch.

Link to the map: https://www.qfes.qld.gov.au/Pages/Incid ... board.aspx