NSWPF Richmond and Tweed Byron LAC

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
geoffro316

Re: NSWPF Richmond and Tweed Byron LAC

Post by geoffro316 »

Certainly are mate. I guess they will go encrypted at some stage!
Cheers

Pea-Man!
SteveNSWP

Post by SteveNSWP »

Hey guys, I am a NSW Police Officer and I had no idea that country areas were going digital. My understanding was country channels would stay analogue for some time. I work in a metro command and we went digital in 2005, and digital encrypted in 2008. Back in 2005, we did not own encryption technology, hence why it took 3 yrs to go encrypted. I would expect, since NSW now owns excyption technology, that in the next year you will probably see these areas go encrypted. It took a year or so to iron out he bugs in digital transmissions, and I assume once this is done in your areas, they will adopt encypted radios as per the metro areas.

I work at Lake Illawarra and we have VKG Warilla attached to opur building, so I will speak to a few of my mates about country area's going digital. At work I did hear the other day that Wagga went digital and I have been listening them on the south channel, as they sometimes merge Wagga with Shoalhaven channel where there are staff shortages, and you can hear that they are definately transmitting on digital. It seems pretty clear so i'm certain encryption wont be far off.

Is there any word on which areas are going or have gone to digital. I understand Coffs, Richmond and Tweed/Byron, but what about Mid North Coast, Port Stephens, Hunter Valley, Central Hunter and Great Lakes? Any word on other western LAC's???

Cheers guys!!

Steve.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Steve last time I was down the coast from buladelah to Newcastle ha P25 channels as well as analogue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
geoffro316

Post by geoffro316 »

Can't help you with info on any other areas Steve. From what I've heard on "the grapevine", once digital is 100% in Richmond/Tweed the old analogue VHF repeater network will become an X-Ray channel so that external rescue services can still contact VKG but it will no longer be used for general Police use. For this to happen though, I would imagine they would would have to install more UHF repeaters as the VHF band seems to work the best around our terrain (unless they go digital on VHF?).
Cheers

Pea-Man!
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

It would be helpful if you put up the frequencies rather than the (Queensland) Police Channel numbers for NSW Police P25 transmissions.
As Steve (who works in the job) can verify the channel numbers are completely different and there is a lot of use of "voting" channels ..... in Steve's work area the votes are "39" and "117"

Grant
Kevaclone

Post by Kevaclone »

I was hearing digital all the way down to 1/2 way creek a few weeks ago
not sure if anyone realizes it but they only use 127 channels, the first channel is 12.5khz below 467.850. but a check of the ACMA database shows that freq is no assigned to anyone and the old channel 1 is now channel 2, so most radios will not have a channel 1, or if they do it will not be a freq below channel 2
Comint

Post by Comint »

Kevaclone wrote:I was hearing digital all the way down to 1/2 way creek a few weeks ago
not sure if anyone realizes it but they only use 127 channels, the first channel is 12.5khz below 467.850. but a check of the ACMA database shows that freq is no assigned to anyone and the old channel 1 is now channel 2, so most radios will not have a channel 1, or if they do it will not be a freq below channel 2
Not so sure on that. I don't believe I have ever seen a NSWPF Channel Plan showing Channel 2 as 467.850 MHz.

I have seen a generic NSWPF Channel Plan where Channels 1 to 64 are still the Original 64 Channel Numbers (and associated Frequencies), and the new Channels are interleaved between them (offset 12.5 kHz), with the New Channel Numbers starting with 100, eg., Ch 101 (467.8625) is between Ch 1 and Ch 2, and Ch 102 (467.8875) is between Ch 2 and Ch 3, and so on. Although, as 'blacktown' has already implied, that is probably one of the listings on the Net, that is no longer valid.

Attached is a small sample.

--
Comint
NSWPF_Ch.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevaclone

Post by Kevaclone »

even still that only leaves 127 channels
QLD have redone their whole channel setup with channel 2 as 467.850 and then ascending each channel at 12.5KHz

Hard to tell with NSWP as I have never actually heard them mention channel numbers like QPS does
Freddie025
Newly Registered Users

Post by Freddie025 »

Hi all, have recently found parrots nest repeater has started working again . I have tx3600 gme and it's now receiving clearly instead of the previous digital type screeching we had for few months. I believe parrots nest was the only tower which had changed as I was still getting weak signals from st Helena and mallanganee in Lismore .
geoffro316

Post by geoffro316 »

I believe all RT UHF repeaters have changed back to analogue now. I guess P25 doesn't work that well up here yet! I reckon they'd have to put in more repeaters for it to be of any use to them!
Cheers

Pea-Man!
davidquentinorf
Newly Registered Users

Post by davidquentinorf »

I have seen a generic NSWPF Channel Plan where Channels 1 to 64 are still the Original 64 Channel Numbers (and associated Frequencies), and the new Channels are interleaved between them (offset 12.5 kHz), with the New Channel Numbers starting with 100
blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown »

davidquentinorf wrote:I have seen a generic NSWPF Channel Plan where Channels 1 to 64 are still the Original 64 Channel Numbers (and associated Frequencies), and the new Channels are interleaved between them (offset 12.5 kHz), with the New Channel Numbers starting with 100
Thats the basic framework
Its more complicated than that in practice but that is a a good summation in a sentence
NAC 293, 430 and 526 used in "Metro" (Sydney-Wollongong-Newcastle)
NAC 61F in "Country"
meady212

Post by meady212 »

Hi guys first time scanner trying to get the police but can only get an analog signal. Do the frequency's still work on p25 and unencrypted I just brought a SDS100 scanner?
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

meady212 wrote:Hi guys first time scanner trying to get the police but can only get an analog signal. Do the frequency's still work on p25 and unencrypted I just brought a SDS100 scanner?
Where are you listening from?

meady212

Post by meady212 »

lolbananalol2 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:48 pm
meady212 wrote:Hi guys first time scanner trying to get the police but can only get an analog signal. Do the frequency's still work on p25 and unencrypted I just brought a SDS100 scanner?
Where are you listening from?

tweed/byron
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

meady212 wrote:tweed/byron
The NSWP have been encrypted P25 up that way since 2015, so you won’t hear them on the scanner.

At least you’ll have the GRN up your way soon, which will make a P25 Phase 2 trunked scanner worthwhile.
meady212

Post by meady212 »

I am still waiting for that https://www.telco.nsw.gov.au/ccep/north-coast but now people are telling me that will be encrypted too :(
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

You’ll still be waiting months, but it’s on its way. Some sites are currently in test mode, while others have been switched on for individual users (such as the RFS).

No indication of encryption for all users yet, just individual users who choose. The likes of the fire brigade, ambos, RFS, SES, VRA, RMS, railways, utilities, local council, liaison channels, etc should all still be in the clear.

As a comparison, parts of the North West of the state were covered by the GRN under the same Critical Communications Enhancement Program over the last couple of years, and there was no automatic encryption of all users at that time, so don’t see why it would occur for the North Coast.
meady212

Post by meady212 »

sweet thanks so much I think I am hearing right now is the SES right now on analog