can some one do a scan in Bendigo

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
followspot

can some one do a scan in Bendigo

Post by followspot »

Hi I was wondering if there was anyone, on here that could do a scan at Faith Leech Aquatic Centre in Bendigo and also at Brennan Park Swimming Pool. As i do not have the gear to do one.

Thanks it would be greatly appropriated.
VK3RX

Re: can some one do a scan in Bendigo

Post by VK3RX »

I assume you are trying to found out what if any frequencies are used at those facilities?

Go to the link below (previously found by domestos :) ), centre the map on Bendigo and the area(s) you are interested in, and click on any dots at or in the vicinity of the locations.

If you don't see any dots, click on the icon on the left "Map settings, Filters and Help" and then click on "Clear all Filters".

If they are using UHF CB or a LIPD channel, those won't show up.

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/site_proximity.main_page
followspot

Post by followspot »

VK3RX wrote:LIPD channel
I am not to sure what a LIPD channel is?
I was already aware of it, and they are not on there. (I have previously been using it for quite a while now)

From my understanding booth places are using Motorola handheld Radios on the UHF band, on a private channel. So what i am wanting to know is what frequency's they are operating on.

Thanks
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

LIPD (Low Interference Potential Devices) are a more basic and cheaper alternative to UHF CB.

Some basic although dated info here:

https://www.qsl.net/vk2tlc/mlipd.html

The allocated frequency range for the UHF walkie-talkies is 433.050 to 434.790MHz.

You might have to figure out how to use your scanner's search function and search that range, although if they are using these devices, their transmitters being very low power you aren't likely to hear them very far outside the premises.

There are Motorola branded radios for UHF CB, I don't know about the LIPD range. The fact that they use Moto radios doesn't necessarily mean they have a private allocation, and the fact they don't come up on the ACMA site suggests they don't.
followspot

Post by followspot »

VK3RX wrote:There are Motorola branded radios for UHF CB, I don't know about the LIPD range. The fact that they use Moto radios doesn't necessarily mean they have a private allocation, and the fact they don't come up on the ACMA site suggests they don't.
So they are using Motorola DP2400e radios (hired from Tr hirecom).
I am 99% sure that they are not using CB frequency's.
I know they a different frequency at each location, but if they accidentally switch over to the other frequency booth places can talk to each other (3.3km between location)

So VK3RX thanks for the help so far. Do you know anyone in Bendigo who could do a frequency scan at either or booth location? (as i do not have a scanner)
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

OK, some detective work.

TR Hirecom according to their website apply to the ACMA on their client's behalf for a frequency allocation.

A web search indicates the client for those pool facilities is the City of Greater Bendigo.

A search of the ACMA database turns up a number of frequency allocations for the Greater Bendigo City Council, one of which is 484.975MHz:

https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/licence_sea ... 10532340/1
https://web.acma.gov.au/rrl/client_sear ... _NO=126880

The emission designator 7K60FXE means DMR digital voice, so you will need a scanner or receiver capable of that mode.
followspot

Post by followspot »

It is a different facility to what i am look for, and i was already aware of it.
From my understanding the VHF frequency's are of City of greater bendigo services (eg street cleaners, tree cutting, ect) and the UHF one seem to be what the Capital Venue and Events are useing for there coms.

From what i know/see on the map it looks like it dose not get put on the ACMA website, so that is why I was wanting/ asking someone in the bendigo area to do a scan for me.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

Well, I give up.

It would help if you had said up front what research you had already done, what frequencies you were already aware of and the other info you were aware of -

You probably already know what would be involved for someone to do a scan for you, so I won't elaborate.

Good luck -
followspot

Post by followspot »

VK3RX wrote:It would help if you had said up front what research you had already done
Well thank you VK3RX for all the help. Yes i should have been more up front with what info i already know (sorry My mistake)
VK3RX wrote:You probably already know what would be involved for someone to do a scan for you, so I won't elaborate.
Yes i was fully aware when i did my first post and i said post
followspot wrote:Hi I was wondering if there was anyone, on here that could do a scan
As i already knew that a scan had to be done. so i was trying to cut to the point.

VK3RX, i was wondering if you know of anyone in Bendigo that i could do and a scan, and how i could contact them. If not never mind.
VK3RX

Post by VK3RX »

We may have members up that way, but I'm not in a position to know.

A few days elapsed since your initial post and no-one had bought in hence I did. I don't like to see posts go unanswered.

So to do a scan, either someone would have to sit nearby with a "close call" function scanner or scan the VHF & UHF ranges in the hope of catching something sometime. A lot of time and effort and thus probably not going to happen, particularly if a digital mode is involved.

Your only other option would either be someone with local or specific knowledge of these particular facilities (and no-one has piped up as yet) or research the ACMA database. The fact that nothing comes up at those locations in the database suggests they are using an off-site repeater, probably a digital one with various talkgroups. Given the Moto DP2000e series have models covering various VHF & UHF ranges, you might have to resort doing a search of the ACMA database for all sites within a wide radius.

Good luck -
followspot

Post by followspot »

Thanks VK3RX for the help, i might just take it as a lost cause.
VK3RX wrote:So to do a scan, either someone would have to sit nearby with a "close call" function scanner or scan the VHF & UHF ranges in the hope of catching something sometime. A lot of time and effort and thus probably not going to happen, particularly if a digital mode is involved.
(this is not aimed at you VK3RX) But if someone is reading this that can, I do have friends there that I could get in contact with so to make lots of radio chatter at a certain time. I believe that can speed up the process.