QAS Pagers Rockhampton

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
mysteriousbrad

QAS Pagers Rockhampton

Post by mysteriousbrad »

Hi

As of yesterday I am no longer seeing QAS capcodes transmitting in Rockhampton.. Can see the usual Victorian Ambulance, QFRS, but no QAS. Anyone know if they have switched to new freq's or different provider etc?
comport1

Re: QAS Pagers Rockhampton

Post by comport1 »

Yep, it appears no more QAS Pager Messages...
Did you see the hundreds of messages about the service being terminated??
"From MTEL Communications: This service will be terminated on the 31st October by request from Peter G------, CEO PSBA.
I think they are relying on Text Messages/Phone Calls & Radio to be dispatched. Also, I believe they might be using a 3G/4G data terminal for dispatch messages as well?? Maybe someone can confirm this...
------------------------------------------
Comport1
comport1

Post by comport1 »

Story on IT News yesterday...

Qld looks to ditch SMS for ambo dispatch
https://www.itnews.com.au/news/qld-look ... tch-515161

Wants mobile terminals for real-time data push.
Queensland’s Ambulance Service hopes to end its reliance on SMS and radio as the primary means of receiving call out information across the state.
The agency is planning to introduce mobile data terminals in frontline ambulances to improve how it responds to the more than one million requests for assistance received each year.
Paramedics and emergency medical dispatchers outside of South East Queensland currently communicate by voice communication “either over radio or through mobile networks”.
“When a new case is assigned to a crew, a single text via mobile phone is sent initially (with address and case coding only) from CAD to crew mobiles, all other case information is relayed verbally,” the agency said.

The new terminals would integrate with the agency’s Inform computer aided dispatch (CAD) system using a “secure, two way interface” that allows information to be captured and viewed simultaneously.
This will allow ambulance crews to view real-time incident information, directions and be alerted to any updates for assigned cases, while the CAD system will similarly receive updates about an ambulance’s location and status.
“The primary tactical objectives is to reduce the reliance on manual voice communications by electronically providing real-time information about when our vehicles are, what they are doing and what skills and equipment they have available on board,” QAS said.
“Having access to this information, in a real-time environment will improve our response effectiveness and efficiency throughout the state and facilitate higher quality decision in response to high priority incidents.”
Terminal will similarly need to interface with other relevant systems from across the state's eight operations centres to allow dispatchers to “access to response and dispatch information in real-time.
QAS is now appealing to bidders to better understand how it might deploy the terminal into its existing fleet of more than 1300 ambulances, and any others it might add in the future.
It is looking for a fully managed service that operates over a range of secure communication networks, as well as the necessary support, maintenance and training for the rollout.
The terminals will complement the organisation-wide deployment of iPads for paramedics to access applications and be immediately alerted to urgent messages on the go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Comport1
mysteriousbrad

Post by mysteriousbrad »

Well... damn :(
That is a shame, but I guess they had to move up with the times eventually.

Cant say I can see the service terminated messages, but my pagermon server had been down for a bit recently.
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

Are they going digital? Will there be any way to monitor it?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
mysteriousbrad

Post by mysteriousbrad »

Interestingly the dispatcher on the radio still says sending through a test page to a unit when they book on.
comport1

Post by comport1 »

mysteriousbrad wrote:Interestingly the dispatcher on the radio still says sending through a test page to a unit when they book on.
I think you'll find it's just pure habit for them to say "Test Page", when in fact its just a "Test Message" via SMS, easier to say that then the other i guess..
Comport1
mysteriousbrad

Post by mysteriousbrad »

Well, I have repurposed my Old Raspberry pi + rtlsdr setup that I was using for pdw to setup a bcfy feed of the QAS radio for Rocky Area now.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Getting much traffic?
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

Has anyone found a was to monitor qas again yet or whether it looks possible?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk