End of an Era

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Queensland, covering Brisbane, Townsville, Cairns, Rockhampton etc
Sprocketz

Re: End of an Era

Post by Sprocketz »

QFRS are doing GWN training on the SC at the moment and some pumpers already have that nice tinny digital sound on the analogue ch . however at a job today they couldn't get reception at the Glasshouse Mountains at a recovery of a deceased fallen climber.. needless to say they weren't very happy with the new gear … Also GC ambos have come back online in analogue so must be a few issues.
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

I believe GC ambos have patched the digital in to the analogue network. You can hear the digital in the voice. I am hearing there is no issue at all. It has been patched for a reason.
Sprocketz

Post by Sprocketz »

SC Fires off air today but the non GWN areas handled by firecom north coast as clear as a bell.. Also heard a Sunny Coast pumper very faint on distant repeater so the GWN must be repeated so those in the regions don't talk over each other ..
dags19

Post by dags19 »

alinco21 wrote:I believe GC ambos have patched the digital in to the analogue network. You can hear the digital in the voice. I am hearing there is no issue at all. It has been patched for a reason.
What frequencies would that be alinco21??
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

dags19 wrote:
alinco21 wrote:I believe GC ambos have patched the digital in to the analogue network. You can hear the digital in the voice. I am hearing there is no issue at all. It has been patched for a reason.
What frequencies would that be alinco21??
Hi,
it you mean the patched freq that is done by a push of a button electronically, there is no freq. From what I have found out.
patched is not a link freq.

digital is GWN
Analogue is the old 410 MHz which you are already listing to.
Sprocketz

Post by Sprocketz »

Well that didn't last long at a job Today and SC QFRS are back on analogue…. word is still plenty of blackspots and when you look at the terrain of the sunshine coast that's no surprise … SOunds like more money will need to be thrown at it ..
Salis532

Post by Salis532 »

It would appear that Firecom Brisbane has switched over to GWN nothing heard this afternoon on analogue.
leighbus

Post by leighbus »

Can still hear VKR Redcliffe and northside ambos on analogue. Firecom turnouts still seem to be analogue too.
Sprocketz

Post by Sprocketz »

Sunny Coast Police change over 8-9th of March Ambo's same time but will likely be on analouge for a while until 100% happy. QFRS already over to GWN but being transmitted on the analogue freq so the other pumpers using Firecom North Coast don't talk over them so we're likely to continue to here them until the govt finds more money to role things out statewide.. So likely to keep QFRS for awhile yet :)