Windows 7

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
SteveO

Windows 7

Post by SteveO »

I am still using my XP computer to program my UBCD996T's. Does anybody use windows 7 to program their 996, any problems or does it work ok?
Steve
alphanull25

Re: Windows 7

Post by alphanull25 »

Hi Steve. Yes I use Windows 7 for all my radio stuff. Works fine. I have the 996 and the 396XT and use Butel software to program them. Cheers Niall
chrisco

Post by chrisco »

I still use my windows xp PC's to program the 369/996 scanner only because of the serial cable you get with them. In the end I bought a usb cable for the windows 7 laptop for use with id tracker/proscan when mobile.

Has anyone used a radio/scanning software for Mac or Windows 8

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Thanks Niall. Should be ok when I need to change in the future then.
Steve
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Can you share the database between an xp system and a windows 7 system? i.e. use my database on two different machines? Thanks
Steve
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

It's ok I have answered my own question :D YES you can share the one database between different computers and systems.

I had a problem with the driver for my Belkin usb to serial converter. Windows 7 said it didn't install the driver correctly. I couldn't find one for 7 so just installed the Vista driver and it worked ok.
Steve
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

I use both win 10 and 7 with both the serial cable and the usb cable works fine with the 396xt and 996t i cant say about other models the only reason i have a spare xp pc is for much older radio's