ubcd396t setting GRN Control Channel

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
panrid67

ubcd396t setting GRN Control Channel

Post by panrid67 »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if it is possible to set or "lock on" to one particular control channel when scanning the GRN on a ubcd396t instead of letting the scanner find the control channel itself.

I'm in Penrith and find that the scanner will often select the control channel for the Kurrajong GRN site which has terrible reception for me. When it selects the Glenbrook control channel the reception is perfect. I was hoping there would be a way to have it always select the Glenbrook channel.

Also does anyone know what type of cable is required to connect the ubcd396t to a computer? I have lost the original one that came with the scanner and don't know what to ask for or google to get a replacement.

Many thanks!
Newy1234

Re: ubcd396t setting GRN Control Channel

Post by Newy1234 »

I would just delete the Penrith control channel frequency from the list in the scanner.

Uniden Aust will be able to sell you a new programming cable.
Comint

Post by Comint »

panrid67 wrote: Also does anyone know what type of cable is required to connect the ubcd396t to a computer? I have lost the original one that came with the scanner and don't know what to ask for or google to get a replacement.
The original programming cable uses a Hirose MQ172X-4SA-CV(50) connector on the scanner end, and a DE9 RS-232 connector on the computer end.

Uniden did produce a USB Programming Cable (the USB-1) for use on computers without RS-232 connectors, but I believe it has been superseded.

--
Comint
chainz

Post by chainz »

Get the cable, And then get a converter to convert it to usb