My frequency listings

This forum is a collective database of frequencies and information (callsigns, talk group ID's, channel allocations etc) for Queensland
por930

Re: My frequency listings

Post by por930 »

Hi,
With help from other members here I am in the process of setting up my scanner & antenna(BC780HLT with Discone) Being close to the airport, even with my basic indoor antenna all airband frequencies listed here seem to work great...other than when an aircraft is handed off from departures..eg, 124.7 to say 130.4..I can hear the a/c well with great signal strength, but no ground instructions?..just a pause while the a/c is listening...then the a/c replies. Do the centre transmissions actually come from Bne or are they relayed some how and my antenna will not pick them up??

Maybe when I get my external antenna up, this may improve.

Geoff
alphanull25

Post by alphanull25 »

Hi. The frequency 130.4 is situated on a repeater at Springbrook. I used to be able to receive both sides of the conversation from Burpengary and my brother gets it occasionally from Redcliffe. I now live at Beenleigh and cant hear it at all. This is a tad annoying, but nothing can be done. The ACMA database lists another repeater for this frequency at Stradbroke Island, but it obviously is not in use. The Springbrook repeaters can be best received if you are near the shoreline with no hills between you and the site.

Niall
por930

Post by por930 »

Thanks Niall

I wondered if this was the issue. Yes, annoying, but one of those things.

Geoff
por930

Post by por930 »

A bit more sleuthing found this info...
Brisbane Centre - 130.4Mhz (Springbrook)
Brisbane Centre - 121.2mHz (Darling Downs)
Brisbane Centre - 123.0mHz (Mt Glorious)

When I lived at Everton Hills(highest point) I could always hear 123.0 as very close to Mt Glorious. I think unless I have a very powerful radio/antenna combination, maybe no joy with these frequencies.

Geoff
jonau

Post by jonau »

These things can be found with online too. How about frequencies to listern to such as Drive in thru macdonalds ? How about live back stages in brisbane ? How about southbank security ? How about hotels across brisbane ? Not just keen on listerning to police and ambulance as these things are allready available as a app for android phones. So i do like to hear something far diferent things. If posible So a chart for brisbane users be great. And depending on the frequency stand fm or am or cw or so on from there.

Drive in thru kfc and macdonalds would be nice to listern to. Not so keen with police channels as ive allready heard that with a mobile phone using a unique app. Since ive spend quite alot of money 700 bucks for icom ic r20 i just hardly find anything at all. Just nothing to listern to unless im missing the point. Yet it can be aittle frustration.

I think back in the 90s everyone was alittle crazzy to play around UHF channels and its handheld such as channel 7 operated by olbis ? That channel seems long gone quiet. Back in the 90s that channel was bombared with idiots talking over each others. Yes things have change since then. Memories
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

jonau wrote:These things can be found with online too. How about frequencies to listern to such as Drive in thru macdonalds ? How about live back stages in brisbane ? How about southbank security ? How about hotels across brisbane ? Not just keen on listerning to police and ambulance as these things are allready available as a app for android phones. So i do like to hear something far diferent things. If posible So a chart for brisbane users be great. And depending on the frequency stand fm or am or cw or so on from there.

Drive in thru kfc and macdonalds would be nice to listern to. Not so keen with police channels as ive allready heard that with a mobile phone using a unique app. Since ive spend quite alot of money 700 bucks for icom ic r20 i just hardly find anything at all. Just nothing to listern to unless im missing the point. Yet it can be aittle frustration.

I think back in the 90s everyone was alittle crazzy to play around UHF channels and its handheld such as channel 7 operated by olbis ? That channel seems long gone quiet. Back in the 90s that channel was bombared with idiots talking over each others. Yes things have change since then. Memories
I read that McDonalds intercom is digital now.

Since ive spend quite alot of money 700 bucks for icom ic r20 i just hardly find anything at all.
:o Wow you must be living in a black hole. The IC-R20 has a some very sophisticated search ranges that can be set up by the user. I'm sure that if you study the manual, you will find it can give you a wide variety of options in searching for voice traffic.
Finding voice traffic by manually setting search ranges is half the fun of this hobby.

Copying vast numbers of frequencies from a lists or through a PC may be good if you live in a metropolitan area, but I am of the old school and believe that where you live is your core of reception using search bands.

The R20 has a huge range of reception, not just VHF/UHF. Depending on your location, you may benefit with a more suitable antenna, either shop or DIY. Plenty of stuff about this on U Tube.
jonau

Post by jonau »

AIRMAN wrote:
jonau wrote:These things can be found with online too. How about frequencies to listern to such as Drive in thru macdonalds ? How about live back stages in brisbane ? How about southbank security ? How about hotels across brisbane ? Not just keen on listerning to police and ambulance as these things are allready available as a app for android phones. So i do like to hear something far diferent things. If posible So a chart for brisbane users be great. And depending on the frequency stand fm or am or cw or so on from there.

I read that McDonalds intercom is digital now.

Since ive spend quite alot of money 700 bucks for icom ic r20 i just hardly find anything at all.
:o Wow you must be living in a black hole. The IC-R20 has a some very sophisticated search ranges that can be set up by the user. I'm sure that if you study the manual, you will find it can give you a wide variety of options in searching for voice traffic.
Finding voice traffic by manually setting search ranges is half the fun of this hobby.

Copying vast numbers of frequencies from a lists or through a PC may be good if you live in a metropolitan area, but I am of the old school and believe that where you live is your core of reception using search bands.

The R20 has a huge range of reception, not just VHF/UHF. Depending on your location, you may benefit with a more suitable antenna, either shop or DIY. Plenty of stuff about this on U Tube.

Thanks for your reply preciate your time. The ICOM IC R20 is a very powerfull handheld scanner from what i hear around the internet. It is a brand new unblocked version. Quite tiny receiver believe it or not.
I am scanning around automatically it seems its always on AM or FM and cw hardly gets nothing. and wfm just some radio channels or fm does. But i havn't even pickup anything interesting at all..

All ive heard so far with this receiver is some radio stations like you hear on the radio. And archefield airport and perhaps just 1 or 2 truckies deliveirng code to another each others. Thats about it i found with this receiver. Very disapointed at thinking there is nothing else to listern to and ive spent 700 dollars for it.

I live in the metropolitan area and changing the arial for it may not make no diferents because you still imagine im going to pickup 100's of things. Well where are they? what area frequencies am i suppose to find them. As it scans specially cw it picksup nothing.

So there is

AM
LSB (not sure what that is)
USB (not sure what that is)
CW
FM
WFM

Thats about it from having on this receiver to change mode frequencies.

Would it be easier for me to get a full range of full listing chart for brisbane where i can manually dial the frequencie and tune in to listern ?

Im not after just police frequencies or ambulance as these things are now available for free on android apps. Im looking more stuff that only can be heard on scanners but more like (drive in thru macdonalds) for example or how about hear people working at large shopping centres or backstages where they use handhelds.

But all this i have no idea. And there has to be a chart to know what frequencies and is it on AM or CW or WFM or such.

I dont even no if UHF is on the CW or is AM for the 27meg channels.

But a full chart listing would be fantastic where am i to find it for free online ? for brisbane.
Unless this things i must buy from a electronic store for the frequency chart list from A to Z and im talking about one that is design for the icom ic r20 model. As this model is way more to pickup then a cheap handheld standard receiver.

If i dont find anything good out of this i might as well give the receiver to someone then. All it does is scan but pickups noice or beeps but nothing interesting.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Maybe you need to do some more research on the rig and find out exactly what it is capable of receiving.

Some things in life are best discovered once you do some research yourself and then you will fin that you will have a greater understanding rather than someone just telling you what to do.

The Internet is a amazing search tool, you have mentioned that you don't know what some things are, so why not google them

It could take someone AGES to explain this all to you....

Out of interest, you mention you want to hear things that are only available on a scanner, and not online (android app), typically there is a scanner that is hooked up to a computer. Your argument is void.

Why not start scanning in the 400-512 FM band and see what comes up.

Beeps,tones are important as they could be decoded into something useful with the assistance of a computer.

I might take you ages to find something, that's half the challenge. Don't forget, you might hear something today and tomorrow (same time/place) there will be nothing.....

You have raised some many questions, lets focus on one thing at a time, once YOU have an understanding of the you own and how it operates (bands/modes included)
Comint

Post by Comint »

jonau wrote: AM
LSB (not sure what that is)
USB (not sure what that is)
CW
FM
WFM
AM = Amplitude Modulation (or sarcastically - Ancient Modulation) - only used on:-
the AM Broadcast Band - 560 to 1600 kHz
the 27 MHz CB Band
the Civilian Aeronautical Band - 118 to 136 MHz, and
the Military Aeronautical Band - 250 to 400 MHz

LSB / USB = Lower Side-Band / Upper Side-Band - usually only used below 30 MHz.

CW = Continuous Wave aka Morse Code - Ignore it.

FM = Frequency Modulation usually used on most two-way radios.

WFM = Wide Frequency Modulation. 200 kHz Bandwidth as used on FM Broadcast Band (88 to 108 MHz)

I dont even no if UHF is on the CW or is AM for the 27meg channels.
27 MHz CB Band - AM and LSB/USB
UHF CB - FM
But a full chart listing would be fantastic where am i to find it for free online ? for brisbane.
Unless this things i must buy from a electronic store for the frequency chart list from A to Z and im talking about one that is design for the icom ic r20 model.
No such thing exists.

--
Comint
Last edited by Comint on Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonau

Post by jonau »

Thanks i will try again carefully. I had the imagination that spending this amount of money i would some how instantly capture 100's and 100's of many signals and people talking all over. Since this is a very expensive receiver.

It yet very frustration when not finding much at all. Just today i picked up only some of that airport frequencies and a weather info that was loop. And just a 2 or 3 truckies about on fm i think. And just some radio stations the same station you would hear such as ABC radio nacional. I thought i would be able to capture more better things then just that.

It takes its time. I will try again but if it is very true it is a complicational device. Its a very good device no dought about that but if i continue not getting up to it. I might wish to sell my device along with everything and the box as ive only just got the device less then a week ago. Its a unblocked version. So it should capture everything. If i continue to get to the point of boredon with the device its because theres something im not doing well with receiving something. There for i would might wish to sell it and if i do if anyone is keen just prvt me.

thank you and with all respect when i used to have a cheaper handheld scanner 10 years ago i sued to pickup tons of things. Why not with this expensive 700 dollars device in 2014. Maybe things have change for the better.
Comint

Post by Comint »

jonau wrote:thank you and with all respect when i used to have a cheaper handheld scanner 10 years ago i sued to pickup tons of things. Why not with this expensive 700 dollars device in 2014. Maybe things have change for the better.
The cost of a scanner has got very little to do with what you will hear, particular when you are in a Major Metropolitan area. You should be hearing the same "tons of things" you heard on the cheaper scanner.

--
Comint
jonau

Post by jonau »

I understand that. Im in the metropolitan areas. This device is far too complicated for me. So im guesing i would like to give it away. But im wanting to sell it to someone who may be interested with this model.

ICOM IC R20. Brought it brand new 30th of january 2014. Comes with everything and the plastic sealed on the screen is still intatch. Ill make an offer. Unblocked version. I have the recipt for proof of date purchurse.

I believe this device are for more profesional users who may understand more then i do.

If keen just pvt me if interested. Thank you kind enough.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

Go to the ACMA website and conduct a search for licenses in your postcode, you'll be surprised what you can find, the primary event that is conspiring against you hearing "tonnes of things" is the transition by some users to digital radio networks.

Additionally an external antenna will widen your reception scope but may also increase interference strength and possibly cause front end (receiver) overload.

Sent from my g04ref using Tapatalk
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040