Brisbane Taxi Frequencies

This forum is a collective database of frequencies and information (callsigns, talk group ID's, channel allocations etc) for Queensland
Doogs38

Brisbane Taxi Frequencies

Post by Doogs38 »

Hi. I've had a look at the ACMA website and found listings for Yellow Cabs and Black & White cabs; there are a lot of frequencies and I'm not confident that they're all used for voice traffic. Does anyone have a list of commonly used taxi frequencies for the Brisbane area (I live in the Ipswich region if that helps)? Thanks. Alex
-----------
Alex www.pbase.com/doogs38
rochedalescan
Founder

Re: Brisbane Taxi Frequencies

Post by rochedalescan »

You'll probably find most of the frequencies are data frequencies for their MDT's, Also alot of the taxi frequencies are one sided so you would only hear Comms or the unit calling in, I'm not too sure what this is called but it has been discussed somewhere before if I can recall. Not too sure on frequencies bud. Someone else might have a better idea.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
878ROB

Post by 878ROB »

Some Taxi Company 462.850..... give that a go mate
878 ROMEO OSCAR BRAVO Bleeding through a television near you!
Comint

Post by Comint »

Doogs38 wrote:Hi. I've had a look at the ACMA website and found listings for Yellow Cabs and Black & White cabs; there are a lot of frequencies and I'm not confident that they're all used for voice traffic. Does anyone have a list of commonly used taxi frequencies for the Brisbane area (I live in the Ipswich region if that helps)? Thanks. Alex
You can ignore any emission designator that ends in 'D' such as 16K0F2D, as that will be Data of some description.

--
Comint
Comint

Post by Comint »

878ROB wrote:Some Taxi Company 462.850..... give that a go mate
Yellow Cabs off Mt Coot-tha.

--
Comint
Doogs38

Post by Doogs38 »

Thanks all. I've used what is on the ACMA website, minus the designators ending in 'D' (thanks Comint). Had it running for an hour and heard exactly nothing! Back to my usuals I think. Alex
-----------
Alex www.pbase.com/doogs38
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

Yellow Cab Dispatch is 462.1150

Loud and clear up here in Toowoomba.
Comint

Post by Comint »

AIRMAN wrote:Yellow Cab Dispatch is 462.1150

Loud and clear up here in Toowoomba.
Transmitter is located on Mt Kynoch at Toowoomba. Probably not of much use to someone living near Ipswich.

--
Comint
chanjyj

Post by chanjyj »

Maybe bumping a dead thread, but I've been doing research on this for quite a while. 3 pages of my scribbling everywhere.

What I can figure is all repeaters simulcast the dispatcher's voice. RX audio from the taxi's TX is not repeated.
Vkfour

Post by Vkfour »

Taxis use MDT, but often, that doesn't work. Voice is used when computers fail, data drop out, more complex information has to be sent, and most usually, when the driver wants to argue. The dispatcher transmits across a variety of frequencies, but by using CTCSS, is only heard on a single frequency in thearea it is being directed to. Because you are not using CTCSS, you hear it all. In order to hear the car, you need to be within his actual area.

Here in Gympie, AKA the Village of the Damned, I could hear cabs being dispatched all over the northern Brisbane area, Sunshine Coast, Gympie and Maryborough, but I could only hear if a Gympie cab answered. Gympie cabs no longer uses dispatchers from Brisbane near the air port, and instead use their own locally generated MDT and followed up by phone if necessary.

I note that they still maintain their old voice frequency and their ancient AM frequency.
chanjyj

Post by chanjyj »

AM frequency? Hmmm.
erikn

Post by erikn »

Hate to bump an old thread but I'm goin through the ACMA database of both Black N White Cabs and Yellow Cabs tryin to find a freq close enough for me to listen in on. What I'm unsure about is what ACMA means by 'Assigned Frequency' and 'Related Frequency'. I'm sure one of the two frequencies under those terms is the repeater output freq, but I don't know which term means what. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Erik
This user has retired from the forum.
Comint

Post by Comint »

erikn wrote:What I'm unsure about is what ACMA means by 'Assigned Frequency' and 'Related Frequency'. I'm sure one of the two frequencies under those terms is the repeater output freq, but I don't know which term means what. Any help would be appreciated.
Actually, that is a rather circular query.

If you are looking at the Transmit Frequency, then that is the Assigned Frequency, and the Linked Frequency is the Receive Frequency, and conversely, when looking at the Receive Frequency, then that is the Assigned Frequency, and the Linked Frequency is the Transmit Frequency.

In the case of Repeaters, the Transmit Frequency is the repeater output frequency.

I have never seen the term "Related Frequency".

--
Comint
erikn

Post by erikn »

Comint wrote:
erikn wrote:What I'm unsure about is what ACMA means by 'Assigned Frequency' and 'Related Frequency'. I'm sure one of the two frequencies under those terms is the repeater output freq, but I don't know which term means what. Any help would be appreciated.
Actually, that is a rather circular query.

If you are looking at the Transmit Frequency, then that is the Assigned Frequency, and the Linked Frequency is the Receive Frequency, and conversely, when looking at the Receive Frequency, then that is the Assigned Frequency, and the Linked Frequency is the Transmit Frequency.

In the case of Repeaters, the Transmit Frequency is the repeater output frequency.

I have never seen the term "Related Frequency".

--
Comint
EDIT: Can receive 463.3375MHz on my analogue scanner but its just outputting 'motorboat' sounding noise interrupted for a millisecond then it just continues. Sounds like Yellow Cabs are running P25 or another digital mode on that channel.

Related frequency is probably the same as 'Linked Frequency', maybe ACMA changed the wording around on their online database recently.

Erik
Comint

Post by Comint »

erikn wrote: EDIT: Can receive 463.3375MHz on my analogue scanner but its just outputting 'motorboat' sounding noise interrupted for a millisecond then it just continues. Sounds like Yellow Cabs are running P25 or another digital mode on that channel.

Related frequency is probably the same as 'Linked Frequency', maybe ACMA changed the wording around on their online database recently.

Erik
My "Linked Frequency" should have read "Linked Assignment" and as far as I am aware, has been known as that for a number of years.

As for 463.3375 MHz. Depends where you live.
If you live South of Brisbane (Springwood), it is a Yellow Cab Repeater, however if you live further North (Morayfield), it is a DGPS transmission, and appears to have nothing to do with Yellow Cabs.

--
Comint
erikn

Post by erikn »

Comint wrote:
erikn wrote: EDIT: Can receive 463.3375MHz on my analogue scanner but its just outputting 'motorboat' sounding noise interrupted for a millisecond then it just continues. Sounds like Yellow Cabs are running P25 or another digital mode on that channel.

Erik
My "Linked Frequency" should have read "Linked Assignment" and as far as I am aware, has been known as that for a number of years.

As for 463.3375 MHz. Depends where you live.
If you live South of Brisbane (Springwood), it is a Yellow Cab Repeater, however if you live further North (Morayfield), it is a DGPS transmission, and appears to have nothing to do with Yellow Cabs.
--
Comint
I live in Rochedale, so it must be DGPS that I'm hearing, not Yellow Cabs analogue. Ah well, its the closest freq I can hear.
Squire

Post by Squire »

hi erikn
have a look in this thread where I have found the good analogue voice yellow cabs channels
Uniden UH078SX