Grundig Satellite 750

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
digital75
Newly Registered Users

Grundig Satellite 750

Post by digital75 »

Hi everyone,

I just ordered a Grundig Satellite 750 and I am waiting on it to arrive, my question is I need an antenna for Shortwave radio listening. Here's where it gets interesting, I own a home that has a home owners association in which I can not have any huge antennas shooting up into the sky. I need something that I can hide away but still be able to have it outside and be able still be able to get good signal also.

I also own an Icom IC-R20 and just ordered an Icom R6 from Universal Radio today that I would like to have an antenna outside also to use with it.

Any help on this would be very appreciated.

Thanks so much
SteveO

Re: Grundig Satellite 750

Post by SteveO »

Can you run a wire around the outside of the eaves out of sight?
Steve
digital75
Newly Registered Users

Post by digital75 »

Hi thanks for the reply, yes I can run wire outside out of sight.
Spectre

Post by Spectre »

digital75 wrote:I need an antenna for Shortwave radio listening.

[snip]

I own a home that has a home owners association in which I can not have any huge antennas shooting up into the sky. I need something that I can hide away but still be able to have it outside and be able still be able to get good signal also.

I've heard of Home Owners Associations in the USA I didn't realise they had made to our shores yet although living in a "strata title" accommodation complex is just as limiting...

Ok you NEED a stealth antenna HERE is an interesting quick article from eHam.net, HERE is another example done alternatively indoors by Amateur radio Operator K2ZS.

Personally I'm a big fan of outdoor wire antennas for HF so what is your fenceline made of? a wooden fence for example would be an excellent location to attach a shielded long wire to run the perimeter of your property, alternatively some small strand wire could be strung from a tree and fed into your home to the receiver.

We mustn't discount the Magnetic loop antenna whether commercial or "homebrewed" they work amazingly well with the added bonus of directionality and the ability to face the antenna's null (lowest gain section) towards any interference you may be experiencing, their flexibility, portability and size means they can be used at ground height (and higher) inside OR outside.

Let us know how you get on with your Grundig 750 (locally available as the Tecsun S2000) 8)
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040