ICOM F-60, displaying ANI codes

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Barny

ICOM F-60, displaying ANI codes

Post by Barny »

Hi all,

I have some ICOM F-60 all ANI coded (5 digit trailing).

Is there any way to program the F-60 to display an ANI code if rec'd. I can get it to respond to specific ANI's (i.e. Alarm, ring, etc), but i want it to display on the LCD any/all ANI rec'd.
ziggybyrne

Re: ICOM F-60, displaying ANI codes

Post by ziggybyrne »

There certainly is if you're handy with the programming software.
Go to the 5TONE page in the software - in the RXcode column select +++++ . Take note of the CH of the rx code(there are 8) In the other columns I generally select OFF for the rest of the fields (bell and ringer etc).
Now open up your actual channel list and in the 5 tone signalling section over on the right of screen apply the rx Cno. (again there are 8) to the channels which are applicable -firecom and surflifesaving are what i have in mine. 1 will probably be there by default as your recieve for 5 tone selcall.
Thats it, obviously save your original file and try out your new one and see how it goes.
These settings also apply to my other icoms namely 400 and 221.
Let us know how you go.
Cheers Rowan