QFRS Advanced Technologies truck? new?

Mickyy

QFRS Advanced Technologies truck? new?

Post by Mickyy »

Hey guys. Driving through Shornsliffe (near Redcliffe) the other night and I saw a brand spanking new QFRS mobile command possibly? It was very flash looking with a spkiey/flamey pattern up the side of the red truck with the words "Advanced Technology" plastered on the side.

Can anyone give me some details on this? Pictures would be amazing! Unfortunately i didnt have a camera on me.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Re: QFRS Advanced Technologies truck? new?

Post by Stretch »

Have not come across an appliance with those words on the side.

I will ask around for you.
Mitch Rogers
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

That would be this truck.
Mitch Rogers
firescan

Post by firescan »

Yep the Sasgar AT3..... They are showing off the new vehicles
UBC73XLT, IC-400 Pro
rossmutz

Post by rossmutz »

Mickyy wrote:Hey guys. Driving through Shornsliffe (near Redcliffe) the other night and I saw a brand spanking new QFRS mobile command possibly? It was very flash looking with a spkiey/flamey pattern up the side of the red truck with the words "Advanced Technology" plastered on the side.

Can anyone give me some details on this? Pictures would be amazing! Unfortunately i didnt have a camera on me.
Not QFRS. Belongs to Rosenbauer.
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

AWESOME! Thats the truck! Never seen anything like it before. Can anyone inform me on what Rosenbauer is?
Im a bit of a qfrs noob. If they arent an emergency vehicle then why do they have blues?
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Matt Hayes wrote:On Friday the 12th of November Sasgar launched the Rosenbauer (AT) fire vehicle to Australia at the Victory Park Golf Course in Brisbane. This vehicle will feature some of the most advanced technology ever seen in a fire fighting vehicle. Sasgar has been supplying Rosenbauer Fire Fighting components to local Fire Fighting Vehicle assemblers for many years and over the past 5 years Sasgar and Rosenbauer have supplied over 80 Aviation Fire Fighting Vehicles; to Air Services Australia, Department of Defence (RAAF) and more.
Mitch Rogers
Comint

Post by Comint »

Mickyy wrote:AWESOME! Thats the truck! Never seen anything like it before. Can anyone inform me on what Rosenbauer is?
Im a bit of a qfrs noob. If they arent an emergency vehicle then why do they have blues?
Think of it as a "Demo model", so the manufacturer (Rosenbauer) has something to show prospective customers, other than "pretty pictures" in a brochure.

--
Comint
firescan

Post by firescan »

Yea the boys are right.. its the AT3 prototype... hence why it isn't operational.... and for clarification again its got nothing to do with QFRS. wholey and soley a demo model.
UBC73XLT, IC-400 Pro
Mickyy

Post by Mickyy »

Thanks a lot guys
FirefighterDown

Post by FirefighterDown »

That thing is hella European looking. I don't like it one bit. It'd be a cool replacement but only with a new design. :lol:
Tatcher

Post by Tatcher »

It is very European, in fact the Germans use these also. Rosenbaer already supply some hose reels found on the Isuzu trucks.
This is a demo model shown off at the conference, i had a family member (who is a high ranking QFRS officer) go to this "Conference".
very shmick piece of gear though, nice racks for the Branches and dividing Breeches, etc.
FYI, QFRS dont have just blue lights like this demo truck, they have Blues and Reds.