MPT1327 question

Enthusiast discussion on trunked radio networks, protocols including MPT1327, TETRA, EDACS, SMARTNET - as well as talk group ID's
rredbeak

MPT1327 question

Post by rredbeak »

Trunkview is great however today i was on a conversation [on my 996T] and i heard the time out beeps while they were talking. Then trunkview just took me back to the control channel and the motor noise. I dont know where the conversation went to but somethings amiss.

I expected trunkview would follow.

Any help please?

Cheers Rod
I LOVE AOR scanners, but cant afford the newer ones LOL. So Uniden is it.
Comint

Re: MPT1327 question

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:Trunkview is great however today i was on a conversation [on my 996T] and i heard the time out beeps while they were talking. Then trunkview just took me back to the control channel and the motor noise. I dont know where the conversation went to but somethings amiss.
The time-out beeps you hear, are also heard by the Users, and it is telling them that if they don't disconnect, they will be automatically disconnected in about 10 seconds (can't remember the exact time frame). If they continue talking after the time-out beeps, then the call is automatically terminated at the end of the time frame, and after this event, the person that was transmitting, is only talking to his or her own microphone. End of story. Nothing is amiss.

Then trunkview just took me back to the control channel and the motor noise.
If TrunkView is set-up correctly, you shouldn't be hearing anything when on the Control Channel, ie, the Speakers should be Muted.

--
Comint
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Ty Comint,
So i never missed anything ,thats really good.

With regards to motor noise i found at the LEFT bottom a red icon above the volume bars.I clicked that but nothing happenned,it changed to a speaker icon tho.

Ill read the help section again.

Cheers Rod
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Rod,

do you always hear the motor noise if so it is possible that you have the mute radio button on the wrong one give that a try as it should turn itself on and off
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Hi Phil,
Mute Radio Button?? is that IN trunkview or elsewhere?

Ive looked everywhere in trunkview under SETTINGS and its only got mute-line in,mic,master volume.

Its currently on Master volume But the bottom of trunkview comes up in RED saying "master Volume is not muted"

Im running Trunkview 2.21 Should i uninstall and reinstall or check for a newer version..

Cheers Rod

Down on the bottom LEFT is the volume slider and above it is a small red cross.I right click it and it changes to a speaker. Should it be the red cross or the speaker please? Irrespective of what i do the motor noise continues LOL.
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Ok,
In Trunkview settings if i mute Line Input and then go to the bottom left and click the red cross it Slightly nutes it.
Clicking it again it changes to a speaker and the audio picks up to full volume

Is This Correct? and it NEEDS line input to operate trunkview as i see it.

Cheers Rod
Comint

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:. . . and it NEEDS line input to operate trunkview as i see it.
If you connect the audio from the scanner to Line In, then TrunkView NEEDS Line Input to operate.

However, if you connect the audio to Mic In (not recommended), then TrunkView NEEDS Mic In to operate.

or maybe I just missunderstand your comment.

~~~~~~~~~

Maybe these links will be of use.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.ling/ ... nkview.htm

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/tony.ling/ ... xp.htm.htm

--
Comint
Comint

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:Ive looked everywhere in trunkview under SETTINGS and its only got mute-line in,mic,master volume.
Have you looked under Tools -> Volume Control
Tools--Volume_Control.png
You need to Mute the same Input here, as you have under Settings.

Down on the bottom LEFT is the volume slider and above it is a small red cross.I right click it and it changes to a speaker. Should it be the red cross or the speaker please? Irrespective of what i do the motor noise continues LOL.
This image indicates the Audio is supposed to be Muted (subject to all other settings being correct).
The Green Bars just symbolise the Audio, and are NOT the Volume Slider.
Sound_Device---Muted.png
This image indicates the Audio is UnMuted
Sound_Device--UnMuted.png
To Toggle Mute / UnMute, use Function Key 5 (F5) as per the "Quick Keys"
Quick_Keys.png
Mouse-over the Blue 'i' Button to bring up the Quick Keys.

--
Comint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

theres a few differences.

firstly,in Trunkview ,Tools/Volume does nothing,Tools/volume slider brings up a "current volume cannot be read" error.

I DONT have the blue info icon.F5 etc does nothing.

Yes i agree that Trunkview needs line in to operate so i need to silence the speakers,but in the comp audio muting the speakers mutes everything ,i think it might be master volume and not speakers. BUT it should be muted in trunkview for trunkview to turn it off/on.

on the bottom of trunkview is the CC Channel and LEFT of it shows a speaker with "0" next to it. I cant get anything out of it by hovering above it or right/left clicking etc.

the software is fully working so i assume its installed correctly but for some reason it wont control the volume controls.

should i d/l an older version and then just update?

Cheers Rod
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Ok Problem fixed.

I ran the compatability trouble shooter and trunkview is now running under Win XP settings on my win 7 comp.

Still dont have the blue icon etc BUT its now muting/unmuting via Trunkview.

Ill run it like this a few days before i look further [no blue icon etc].

Cheers and TY for the help.

Rod
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

yeah its a long learning curve Rod, but well worth it
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Oh boy,you got that right ROFL..

Cheers Seasons greetings..

Rod
Comint

Post by Comint »

rredbeak wrote:on the bottom of trunkview is the CC Channel and LEFT of it shows a speaker with "0" next to it. I cant get anything out of it by hovering above it or right/left clicking etc.
Voice_Calls.png
That is just an indicator of the number of Voice Calls monitored/heard.

the software is fully working so i assume its installed correctly but for some reason it wont control the volume controls.
Windows 7 is probably the problem.

--
Comint
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

Yea i agree,but the compatibility is now corrected and shes sweet.

Now,I KNOW its a public holiday so i wont expect anything today but next week will tell the story.

But im really pleased the dreaded motor noise has gone and the screen keeps adding so its got the line in working fine.

I found the blue icon in Statistics and hovering above it gives letter keys [not F keys] but they all work just fine.

This Forum is truly great and im truly gratefull for the kind advice.Without this forum id have shot myself long before now,But hopefully missed ROFL.Im the only guy that could miss from point blank LOL.

CHEERS and TY.. Rod
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Comint wrote:
rredbeak wrote:the software is fully working so i assume its installed correctly but for some reason it wont control the volume controls.
Windows 7 is probably the problem.

--
Comint
Further to what Comint said, Vista and 7 have the same problem where it wont let programs control the volume. It's the same with the PDW program. On XP it runs fine though.
Mitch Rogers
rredbeak

Post by rredbeak »

ive been running PDW on a few windows and i dont use a Dis Tap so i always adjust the volume manually.

But im pleased they retained to compatility resolution software,saves a lot of headaches. Never Thought trunkview had issues cause it was running decoding just fine untill i gave up and tried everything.

Cheers Rod