Brought a new scanner yesterday

Brag about your radio and scanner (home, mobile, work, handheld) installations here, post photos and give us the specifications of each device
jas27791

Post by jas27791 »

Yesterday I was in my local DSE and got a new scanner. Its a Uniden Bearcat UBC355XLT. So far I am happy with it and I can take it in the car with me. Its also good as I can leave one scanner on the police and this one I can monitor fire/amb, depending on what I feel like listening to. Will post pics of both my scanner if interested.

Jason.
FTX03

Re: Brought a new scanner yesterday

Post by FTX03 »

Dose dse still sell scanner? I thought they where stopping selling them
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Might have stopped in the month since the original post

I would think that there would be some stores with stock - just waiting for the natural selling of them but not reordering more
bodyguard

Post by bodyguard »

Hi there Jas, hows the scanner going ?
Cheers
BG

UBC9000XLT, UBCT8, BCT15X, UBC92XLT, Kenwood R-5000, PSR-410 , KG-UVD1P
Comint

Post by Comint »

The UBC355XLT has only recently been introduced to Australia, as a 'replacement' for the BCT-9, so it would seem that the story about DSE going out of the scanner business, may be premature. I know of a couple of DSE stores that have only started stocking the UBC355XLT in the last month or two.

--
Comint
jas27791

Post by jas27791 »

BG, scanner is going great mate!DSE must still sell scanners, I walked in and they were selling another 335xlt and one one of the Uniden handheld units. I was walking in after reading a couple of posts on the site here hoping to find a 995t? when DSE was trying to push its last it of stock on the cheap lol.