Bad Mouthing Emergency Services

The place to get the latest website updates, to share your suggestions and to introduce yourself to the community
rochedalescan
Founder

Bad Mouthing Emergency Services

Post by rochedalescan »

It has come to my attention from looking over the forum and numerout PM's from different members that we have a bit of a problem in regards to how emergency services are portrayed on this forum.

Emergency Service personnel including Fire, Ambulance, Police, SES, VMR/Coastguard other organisations are to be treated with the highest respect, there will be no bad mouthing on this forum. We are not here to bag out personnel and any decisions they may have made.

This is a scanning website and personal comments regarding run in's you may have had with emergency services are to be kept private. We are not here supporting criminals or to give information to help them out it is a personal hobby of ours and we will only use this information for good.

Im sure that support will be given by anyone in one of these organisations as I feel very strongly on this myself being a volunteer.

Thankyou for your support and any problems should be PM'd to myself or one of the moderators to be sorted out.
Regards Shane
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
fire_rescue

Re: Bad Mouthing Emergency Services

Post by fire_rescue »

Its a shame thats its like this.
These are the people that put there life on the line for us. Espec volunteers who dont even get paid . As i have alwyas said to friends you can bad mouth emergency services like police but whenever you need them them they are there for you!
robb

Post by robb »

We are all still human and still may make mistakes but overall the Emergency services are very professional. :wink:
Happy scanning,

Uniden UBCD996 + 396T, UBC9000XLT, Icom IC-RX7, Yaesu FT-60.
lcdtech

Post by lcdtech »

This is a little disappointing that this should occur especially when people are in trouble eg an emergency due to a storm, flooding, accidents, lost .....etc etc etc. Who are the first people or group of people, they call for help. When they arrive, these services go to an extreme lengths to try and help. In most cases, the services are under-staffed, under-funded, unpaid and not supported very well from the upper management and then they have to deal with the extreme pressure at the time.

So as Robb said:
robb wrote:We are all still human and still may make mistakes but overall the Emergency services are very professional. :wink:
So think about that next time when you may need help....
UBC9000XLT
Rudager

Post by Rudager »

It is important to remember that everyone who works in an emergency role are ordinary human beings doing a job thats a little less ordinary and everone makes mistakes, has thier own little idiosyncracies, does things differently and has thier own different personalities. Bagging the people and the services is not cool, we all know the media does enough of that.