interesting info

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Western Australia, covering Perth, Esperance, Wheatbelt, Kimberley, Peel etc
blacky

interesting info

Post by blacky »

Was talking to a friend the other day, i wont mention his/her job however i was told that the police seem to loose their motorola radios all the time. Sureley they are accounted for? muh who knows. If anyone comes accross one let me know so i can return it....hahaha
CC Communications - VOIP, DSL, RF Comms, GPS, Tech Support and more. Forum Aussie Owned and operated!
SunnybankScan

Re: interesting info

Post by SunnybankScan »

The radios on the D swivel type socket belt clip that police use come off easy when they run hard. Thats why they sometimes hold their radios when running if you notice. In an intence situation like Scott mentioned, its easy to put radios, batons, cuffs, notebooks down or drop them. Most officers forget as they are too wrapped up in the arrest/pursuit.
Cheers
SunnybankScan

GME 3440, Philips PRM8030, Tait 2020, Motorola GP328, Motorola XTS5000, UBCD996T, UBC780XLT, UBCT8, 72XLT, UH078sx, UH075, UH088, PRO530XL, Atlantis 250
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

I know quite a few QPS officers who have had to be re-issued with equipment as they get into fights in the valley and equipment is lost in foot pursuits. My friend lost his capsicum spray and baton when he dropped them down a drain during a struggle and his radio didcome loose during a foot pursuit and took him out a the ankles tripped him up he "copped"(no pun intended) laughs from his work collegues as they reviewed the camera surveillance tape over and over again
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

SunnybankScan wrote:The radios on the D swivel type socket belt clip that police use come off easy when they run hard. Thats why they sometimes hold their radios when running if you notice. In an intence situation like Scott mentioned, its easy to put radios, batons, cuffs, notebooks down or drop them. Most officers forget as they are too wrapped up in the arrest/pursuit.
You think they would make it so the radios could sit securely seeing as the radios actually never get moved coz of the remote mic. How hard would it be for the makers of the belt to modify it slightly? :sc
Mitch Rogers
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

WANTED
NEW POLICE RADIO COMMS EACH RADIO NO BIGGER THAT A NANO IPOD
:lol:
rochedalescan
Founder

Post by rochedalescan »

Surely they could just invest in a holster that the belt actually gets threaded through therefore never coming off the belt.
Shane Logan
Aussiescanners Founder

Australia's Premier Communications forum!
~ Please contact Phil for administration enquiries ~
blacky

Post by blacky »

more and more now i see cops with crazy vests going on with about a thousands pockets! Im surprised they can run at all.
As for a small ipod like radio....its only a matter of time!
CC Communications - VOIP, DSL, RF Comms, GPS, Tech Support and more. Forum Aussie Owned and operated!
SunnybankScan

Post by SunnybankScan »

Some of them do use the holsters cases for the radios, but they have be be moved all the time. They are taken off the belt when at station to recharge and they have to be moved around when sitting (most uncomfortable thing ever)
Cheers
SunnybankScan

GME 3440, Philips PRM8030, Tait 2020, Motorola GP328, Motorola XTS5000, UBCD996T, UBC780XLT, UBCT8, 72XLT, UH078sx, UH075, UH088, PRO530XL, Atlantis 250
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

If I were a cop, I'd rather the vest.
Mitch Rogers
maccapro

Post by maccapro »

the vest is for officers with waistlines less then 90cm to accomodate the new tazer the pepperspay compartment is up near there shoulder in a zip up/padded area and hand cuffs etc on there stomach area
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Also what do people thinks better?

Their pistol and taser on the outside of the thigh (opposite legs of course) or on their belt?

If I was a cop I think I'd rather it on the leg.
Mitch Rogers
SunnybankScan

Post by SunnybankScan »

Best place is the way they have it now. Gun on Right/Left hip, and the taser on their opposite hip facing towards the front. This way its easy for them to grab with their shooting hand.
Cheers
SunnybankScan

Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

SunnybankScan wrote:Best place is the way they have it now. Gun on Right/Left hip, and the taser on their opposite hip facing towards the front. This way its easy for them to grab with their shooting hand.
Agree with the taser being faced the opposite way, reach around and it's the right way, anyone like my leg theory?
Mitch Rogers
blacky

Post by blacky »

i got a pic on my phone of two chubb security gaurds running leg holsters. They were that low i doubt they could of even drawn their pistol with one hand. I'll post it up!
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

Blacky wrote:i got a pic on my phone of two chubb security gaurds running leg holsters. They were that low i doubt they could of even drawn their pistol with one hand. I'll post it up!
I have long arms :lol: That's probably why I would favour them so much. Hips would be too close.
Mitch Rogers
AIRMAN

Post by AIRMAN »

I wonder how much the total weight of the constables gear is in total? Some of the female officers look as though they are struggling. The whole outfit is badly designed IMO.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

AIRMAN wrote:I wonder how much the total weight of the constables gear is in total? Some of the female officers look as though they are struggling. The whole outfit is badly designed IMO.
It is quite a lot, the main things that cause it to be heavy are the batons and radios. The gun isnt actually that heavy wont go into the exact design of the gun but if anyone wants to I am sure they can look it up on the internet basically its mostly plastic except for the barrel inside the gun.

I like the radios the pommys use although they have a shit system where unit cannot hear each other their radios would be quite light as they are a mobile phone style.
Daniel
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Also about the Chubb security wearing their guns on their legs its also worn like that by the Queensland Police Dog Squad officers and some TCS officers.

In regards to the equipment falling out of officer utility belts...yeah its not the best design and the vests that you see the officers wearing are currently under review and a better one is due to be released. And as maccapro said in the Valley and Brisbane Central divisions officers often have equipment fall out as a result of a struggle with an offender.
Daniel