Wanted updated ubcd396xt freq file for Victoria

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
Britedj

Wanted updated ubcd396xt freq file for Victoria

Post by Britedj »

Hi, I'm having problems hearing the CFA lately. It seems to detect a signal but no sound. Was wondering if I need to program talk groups. If so does anyone have a file they are willing to share.

Thanks in advance
X-Firey

Re: Wanted updated ubcd396xt freq file for Victoria

Post by X-Firey »

Britedj wrote:Hi, I'm having problems hearing the CFA lately. It seems to detect a signal but no sound. Was wondering if I need to program talk groups. If so does anyone have a file they are willing to share.

Thanks in advance
If you have all the correct trunking data programmed i.e. control channel or channels for the site or sites you are monitoring you should hear transmissions if you have your scanner set to 'ID SEARCH'. If set to 'ID SCAN' you will need to program the desired talkgroups.

Check out Vicradio Zone. There is a comprehensive list of RMR frequencies, talkgroups and other information. Try programming your scanner yourself as it helps you understand how it all works. It may sound daunting but it is how most of us, particularly 'seniors', started. It is really not that difficult and If you run into a problem someone will help you out.