Update about Vicpol Regional

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for Victoria, covering Melbourne, the Grampians, Gippsland, Loddon Mallee etc
NakedFaerie

Re: Update about Vicpol Regional

Post by NakedFaerie »

vkcpolice wrote:i totally agree i have spoken to many police officers in Melbourne about the encryption and they say we just dont want the public to hear all the horrible things that go on. yeah right if they dont want to hear it dont listen to it or have a scanner. my main concern is bushfires as in black Saturday i really relied on the police radio for the lasted info. now i know most people would say go listen to vic fire but the police always seem to have more control over the situation and road blocks ect. than the cfa. also i hear stabbings and all sorts of bad stuff on the metro ambulance channel personal info about patients. like i said i love conspiracy and i do believe that encryption is a part of the new world order. if they had nothing to hide then why hide it. i can understand when they are doing raids ect. then yeah go use encryption but for everyday stuff like noise complaints or burgs ect. i dont believe encryption is helping. also i still here so many officers complain about how bad the digital system is and the coverage. if you look at the mmr sites you will notice there is one about every 5km and 1 about every 300 meters in the cbd. i have heard that rural police are holding off for now because they simply dont have the coverage. as soon as i walk into a brick building my rmr drops right off and i am forced to drop back to the analogue vic fire dispatch channel.
Thats a worry. Is there so much horrible things going on that they need encryption? How about they just stopped doing the horrible things so encryption is not needed. It sounds like its encrypted to cover up their corruption.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

And so it begins, it's been talked about 'a lot' in the last few years with some senior Police pushing for this only a few years after MMR in the Metro areas became active, even before the Black Saturday findings where various faults with the existing communication systems were found to have hindered the response and operations.

But then 'conversations' really ramped up in the last 18-24 months and here it is:

- $11.5 million in new money allocated,
- $23.8 million reprioritised from existing operational allocation,
- Work to commence in July (in reality, work has already started),
- Operational and functioning by January 2017.

http://www.premier.vic.gov.au/budget-de ... o-pledge-2

For those inclined to think along certain lines, this might help.
Xstream003

Post by Xstream003 »

Ive been wanting to know what vicpol uses for radios? like the brand and model?