Police Transport Command Callsigns

Communications scanning & radio related discussion for New South Wales, covering Sydney, Riverina, Blue Mountains, Shoalhaven etc
panrid67

Police Transport Command Callsigns

Post by panrid67 »

Hi all,

Just curious as to whether or not anyone knows how the Police Transport Command callsigns work.

I've worked part of it out. The last 2 digits of the callsign equate to the type of vehicle or officer in the same way that they work for LAC e.g. PTC x15 is a caged truck, PTC x14 is a supervisor, PTC x80 is a mobile command vehicle etc.

I'm assuming the first number corresponds to a region or sector. As far as I've been able to work out these numbers go from 0-8. Anyone know what number corresponds to what area?

Around Penrith I've seen both 4 and 5 series callsigns.
Newy1234

Re: Police Transport Command Callsigns

Post by Newy1234 »

'blacktown' on this forum was doing a list at one stage.

http://www.aussiescanners.com.au/forum/ ... =93&t=6612

Interesting you are hearing them they should be P25 encrypted?
blacktown
Forum Manager

Re: Police Transport Command Callsigns

Post by blacktown »

I have just updated the PTC list .... it has taken 2 years to get to that point from a variety of sources. Most information is just from observing and watching them on public transport - especially street vehicle movements. On the rare occasion (once) I was able to listen to one channel in the clear for three days due to a technical hitch ... patched P25 audio to a special ops channel was decoding into the clear. I happened to scan the band during the period when the anamoly occurred. 99.99% of the time is just plain squiggle noises.