filters

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
cjl_72

filters

Post by cjl_72 »

all working well now but what I want to know is...

in filters I currently simply search for "rtc" in the text and all rtc messages appear in lower box for all of qld.

if I wanted to see "rtc" in a particular area could I simply search for "rtc" and "particular area" separated by , or ; like rtc , Gladstone or rtc ; Gladstone or maybe even rtcgladstone without a space or the "&" symbol between the 2 words ? tried without the comma breaking the 2 and did not work... is it possible?

Thanks in advance
cjl_72

Re: filters

Post by cjl_72 »

Anyone? Or does anyone know where i can look? Have read the tutorial here as well as the help bit on pdw and looked around via google etc and cannot see any reference to the same question.
Discriminator

Post by Discriminator »

Did you check the manual?
Text
This control lets you enter a word or phrase to be matched by the filter. Text matching is not case sensitive, so the word/phrase can be in lower or upper case.This word or phrase can be anywhere in the message. You can enter up to 10 strings for one single filter, separated with a ‘&’, like “Call&Jones&ASAP”.
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

Ahh i did read the manual but never saw that but now that i look again i see it.. ... i had tried & but spaced... let me try this in morning.. ty so much for taking your time to help and look forward to the day i learn enough to be able to help someone..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

Discriminator wrote:Did you check the manual?
Text
This control lets you enter a word or phrase to be matched by the filter. Text matching is not case sensitive, so the word/phrase can be in lower or upper case.This word or phrase can be anywhere in the message. You can enter up to 10 strings for one single filter, separated with a ‘&’, like “Call&Jones&ASAP”.
Tried as u said as per pics and still not working? Saved as rtc&pomona. Do the words need to be part of a phrase or can they be anywhere in the message individually as i am trying.. was working as just rtc so i know it does work.. Thanks in advance

ImageImage
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

cjl_72 wrote:
Discriminator wrote:Did you check the manual?
Text
Tried as u said as per pics and still not working? Saved as rtc&pomona. Do the words need to be part of a phrase or can they be anywhere in the message individually as i am trying.. was working as just rtc so i know it does work.. Thanks in advance

ImageImage
Anyone ever gotten 2 words in different part of message to filter?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
cjl_72

Post by cjl_72 »

still keen to see if anyone has ever had 2 words used as 1 filter if separated by other text in message like rtc&gladstone. only seems to want to work if words are 1 after the other
dudies69

Post by dudies69 »

cjl_72 wrote:still keen to see if anyone has ever had 2 words used as 1 filter if separated by other text in message like rtc&gladstone. only seems to want to work if words are 1 after the other
I don't think they work properly with the PDW application as I have tried them as well and never had any luck like you!