Bravo 800 Discriminator Tap - No Audio on Line-In

If your into decoding transmissions, this is the place for you. Topics cover everything from pocsag, ermes, acars, flex & mobitex!!!
dborg

Bravo 800 Discriminator Tap - No Audio on Line-In

Post by dborg »

Hey All,
I have recently set up a discriminator tap on a pager and while I can get the open squelch gate noise (static) if I use the mic input on a computer I am not getting any audio coming through if I use a line-in.

If I test my Uniden BC scanner's discriminator tap on the line-in audio is fine.

Any thoughts?

---SIDE NOTE---
Currently I have gone from using an old mini-itx core 2 with the Uniden BC to a Raspberry Pi hosting RTL-SDR output server and receiving the audio to a Windows based NUC that decodes the audio (but this is not as reliable as the Uniden as the RTL device randomly looses signal strength).

Cheers
dborg

Re: Bravo 800 Discriminator Tap - No Audio on Line-In

Post by dborg »

Just an update,
I went out and bought a USB CMedia soundcard with dedicated Line-In and it's picking up audio (all be it only 1 bar with volume set to 100%).
The needle is moving but I am unsure if it's going to work yet.

I will keep the thread updated.

The next step is to see if it's the pager (I have a galaxy pager that I'll put a tap onto next if this doesn't show anything in 24 hrs).
dborg

Re: Bravo 800 Discriminator Tap - No Audio on Line-In

Post by dborg »

Just another update:
After finally having some time handy to look into putting the tap onto my Galaxy pager, turns out the model I have is different to the model that's listed online (in other words, either I have a clone/knockoff or they changed the mainboard through the model's life-cycle).

So I'd say the thread can either be killed or closed as I am giving up on it :P