Firecom Southeast Callsigns

BradT87

Re: Firecom Southeast Callsigns

Post by BradT87 »

FirefighterDown wrote: That's what the Captain and Lieutenant were talking about Tuesday night. It is being borrowed by a rural brigade on the Goldcoast for controlled burn offs.
This is not accurate.

If it is, feel free to post which brigade it is that is using your Yankee.

I apologise if I am incorrect, but as far as I know the 'borrowing' of Urban/Auxilary appliances by individual Rural Fire Brigades is not a common occurance.
FirefighterDown wrote: They won't have it for a few months but they hope they can get it back ASAP as they quite frankly need it. While the Yankee is mainly a troop-carrier and grass-fire vehicle, it is useful for different situations. Not to mention one Alpha cannot carry everyone who shows up during a pager call.
The distribution of QFRS appliances is most likely a very calculated and well thought-out process. To imply that your area has been left under-resourced is wrong.
FirefighterDown wrote: It has happened before where Rosewood auxiliary in private vehicles have had to follow behind 673Alpha on a run in-order to get on-scene as there wasn't enough room in the appliance and the Yankee wasn't there to carry them.
You are painting a picture of a firetruck racing to a fire with a long line of cars following behind it, driven by auxilary firefighters that are breaking the road rules in order to keep up with the responding firetruck.
Stretch
Forum Manager

Post by Stretch »

FirefighterDown wrote:645Juliette (Ipswich) is offline. Has been offline for quite sometime due to refurbishment.
645J is back online as of four days ago.
Mitch Rogers
FirefighterDown

Post by FirefighterDown »

Stretch wrote:
FirefighterDown wrote:645Juliette (Ipswich) is offline. Has been offline for quite sometime due to refurbishment.
645J is back online as of four days ago.
News to me but you're correct. Just saw it on a call today at a above ground parking lot. It's good to see it online. It was offline for quite a while. :wink:
Last edited by FirefighterDown on Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FirefighterDown

Post by FirefighterDown »

This is not accurate. If it is, feel free to post which brigade it is that is using your Yankee. I apologise if I am incorrect, but as far as I know the 'borrowing' of Urban/Auxilary appliances by individual Rural Fire Brigades is not a common occurance.
From what I understand the borrowing of Yankees which are designed for grass/bush fires by rural brigades are allowed by individual rural fire brigades. I know that the one at station 45 has been borrowed by surrounding Ipswich brigades. I'll have to check who has it and why. I'm merely repeating what I was told during the discussion. Frankly handling of such information or knowledge isn't in my scope of practice nor do I entirely care.
The distribution of QFRS appliances is most likely a very calculated and well thought-out process. To imply that your area has been left under-resourced is wrong.
Doesn't mean the heads cannot be wrong or haven't consulted the actual auxiliary brigade themselves. Nobody is simply happy about the fact but the station won't moan. They just want the resource back as soon as possible. It's not exactly under-resourced but the nearby yankee (Think its Laidely) is also being borrowed by Forrest Hill. Therefore there isn't a yankee in a close area other then 30 minutes away in Ipswich at Station 45.
You are painting a picture of a firetruck racing to a fire with a long line of cars following behind it, driven by auxilary firefighters that are breaking the road rules in order to keep up with the responding firetruck.
would assume they follow road rules behind the appliance. As long as they aren't interfering with the appliance by being in-front and are responding with due care.....

EDIT: Long line? Most stations don't have 20+ Auxiliary. We're talking a single Ute or something similar
rossmutz

Post by rossmutz »

FirefighterDown wrote:
BradT87 wrote:
FirefighterDown wrote:673Yankee (Rosewood) is currently being borrowed by a rural brigade on the Goldcoast
Actually, that's not entirely correct.
FirefighterDown wrote: for controlled burn-offs. Won't have it back for awhile (weeks or months)
I believe you, sorry, *they* will get it back over Easter, but then it will go back to the Gold Coast for...... Months.
That's what the Captain and Lieutenant were talking about Tuesday night. It is being borrowed by a rural brigade on the Goldcoast for controlled burn offs. They won't have it for a few months but they hope they can get it back ASAP as they quite frankly need it. While the Yankee is mainly a troop-carrier and grass-fire vehicle, it is useful for different situations. Not to mention one Alpha cannot carry everyone who shows up during a pager call. It has happened before where Rosewood auxiliary in private vehicles have had to follow behind 673Alpha on a run in-order to get on-scene as there wasn't enough room in the appliance and the Yankee wasn't there to carry them. I also heard something about somebody only wanting the yankee to be used for grass fires only and nothing else which is delusional.
The Gold Coast Hazard Reduction program happens annually. Its not done by a rural brigade nor are the appliances borrowed by a brigade, although they are often stored at brigade stations. Many brigades though are involved in providing valuable manpower and resources. The program is conducted by QFRS who re-allocates the vehicles to the burn teams for the period of the burns. This is done outside the fire season and generally doesn't impact on fire season operations by the stations who usually have theses appliances. It should be understood that all appliances in Qld are owned by QFRS and the Commissioner can allocate those appliances where-ever he/she sees fit. In practice, such allocations are generally delegated to the Assistant Commissioner in each region.