Brisbane Aerials

bustercc

Brisbane Aerials

Post by bustercc »

Following the dramatic failure of Fleet 298 (ilean) at the Cathedral Place highrise fire it has been withdrawn from service and sent for a full rebuild including replacement of all hydraulics and electricals.
In its absence fleet 299 has been loaned from South-east region to fill in for 298.
299 is the sister truck of 298 and spent a total of 1 day in service at Durack (18) Station before being faulted extensively and sent for repairs. It has been off the run for several weeks now and will be for a few more leaving no ladder at Hendra (11) station, pissed off crew, and a massive repair and refurb bill.
Salis532

Brisbane Aerials

Post by Salis532 »

I've noticed 518Y appeared to be making daily trips to and from the workshops with the aerial, leaving it there during the day and picking it up in the evening. Although I though the ladder they had been dropping off was 9xx.
rapps_101

Re: Brisbane Aerials

Post by rapps_101 »

bustercc wrote:Following the dramatic failure of Fleet 298 (ilean) at the Cathedral Place highrise......
What happened??
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

Lets just say that when a highrise is on fire with persons reported missing and you bring in three aerials to perform life rescue you expect them to be able to go up and down when you want them to and in a hurry.
nbus qld

Post by nbus qld »

You can see fleet 298 Here on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4MKRNsKsc
517J and 517K.
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

Are you sure that's 298?
Salis532

Brisbane Aerials

Post by Salis532 »

This video confirms the video above and shows 298 in Gotha Street as being the one rescuing people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAA2Fxw ... tube_gdata
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

must have been after the mechanics visited because it was first ladder on the scene but sat on the ground while people collapsed on the forth floor while screaming from the balcony until the ladder from roma st turned up and retrieved them.
even after its rebuilt the crew from hendra want to park it on a hill near the brisbane river and take the handbrake off.
Salis532

Post by Salis532 »

I thought it was at Roma street at the time of the fire. However I can see where the frustration about the appliance comes from.
bustercc

Post by bustercc »

No at hendra. both the roma st and durack appliances were in action before 298
Gearbox92

Post by Gearbox92 »

Kind of unrelated but does anyone know what it means for an India pumper to have cobra capabilities? Thanks!
coghilla

Post by coghilla »

Gearbox92 wrote:Kind of unrelated but does anyone know what it means for an India pumper to have cobra capabilities? Thanks!
Several of the new bronto aerials (callsign ~india) have a fitted pump and the cold cut system. The CCS will cut through different material incl concrete

http://www.coldcutsystems.com/?id=1306
Gearbox92

Post by Gearbox92 »

Ahh thanks for the info! For memory 502i was on scene but they called 511i in because they needed this capability.
coghilla

Post by coghilla »

The old 502i (first scania Bronto, Fleet 818) doesnt have this. Only the newest bronto (fleet 943) in BNE has it.
FYI Townsville, Cairns, Gold Coast, Maroochydore, Rockhamption have the pump fitted. with IIRC GC & TSV having the Cold cut system.