QAS Info/Codes

alinco21

Re: QAS Info/Codes

Post by alinco21 »

pick your food up in the local area.
Gearbox92

Post by Gearbox92 »

With regard to unit type call signs, does anyone know what a 'Lima' unit is?

Thanks!
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Lima is a unmarked sedan, used to pick up the walking and take to hospital or a Doctors rooms.
res

Post by res »

Wonder what the SUV's are, silver, low vis ambulance on doors, no high vis markings anywhere, yet has low profile LED barlights, doesnt seem to be normal IC paras in the high vis subaru's ... could this perhaps be, IIRC the 903x type units? as in trauma surgeon units or whatever they call them? Stop in for a coffee at BP North on bruce highway most sat'day nights on way home, and a few times now this unit has been there, meal break? cause they are often driving out as I drive in.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

Could be a patient transport unit as some of them are fitted with red led's, I have seen these vehicles floating around on the south side aswell may be time to have a listen and see what they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
Gearbox92

Post by Gearbox92 »

Interesting...I've seen the low vis sedans but never the SUV type vehicle. All I can say though is 9003 and 9004 have the full markings like a ICP car so it's not them.
res

Post by res »

Gearbox92 wrote:Interesting...I've seen the low vis sedans but never the SUV type vehicle. All I can say though is 9003 and 9004 have the full markings like a ICP car so it's not them.
cheers
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

The silver sedans with green "Ambulance" on the sides are the Lima units. Only used for walking patients. No Sirens in, No emergency lights in.
res

Post by res »

alinco21 wrote:The silver sedans with green "Ambulance" on the sides are the Lima units. Only used for walking patients. No Sirens in, No emergency lights in.
These have lights, so perhaps different unit type, also cant imagine them doing non urgent patient transfers at 10pm, and if thats all they do, they surely wouldnt be able to take the units home. Next time I see them (last Sat'day night was first in a while I've not seen them) I'll annoy them and ask em :)
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Any chance of a picture or a car number? should be on the rear left or front right. normally the LED's on the roof rack are just the amber indicators. (seen them on)
unless a unit is fully marked up they cannot have the red and blue lights. As well they need to be very visual eg the blue and red need to have the colour hat on the LED's.
AS these units are would be unmarked units, even thought they have the word ambulance on them.
yes you still hear the lima units running around up to 11pm on nights.
res

Post by res »

alinco21 wrote:Any chance of a picture or a car number? should be on the rear left or front right. normally the LED's on the roof rack are just the amber indicators. (seen them on)
unless a unit is fully marked up they cannot have the red and blue lights. As well they need to be very visual eg the blue and red need to have the colour hat on the LED's.
AS these units are would be unmarked units, even thought they have the word ambulance on them.
yes you still hear the lima units running around up to 11pm on nights.
Ahh ok, I'll try grab a shot when I next see them, the bar lights are hard to tell, since they are complete plain, with no coloured lenses and grey casing (looks identical to the low profile QPS lightbars)
Salis532

QAS Info/Codes

Post by Salis532 »

I saw one of these vehicles the other day at a minor nose to tail and the flashing lights that were switched on were Amber flashing lights, one small one in each corner of the roof rack.
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

Cowsy,
I guess they can.

Salis532
- that would be the Lima unit.
fire_rescue

Post by fire_rescue »

heard one today called Lima11 from Durack Station
Coover

Post by Coover »

These Lima units are single officer (ACP/Bravo) crewed units equipped with all ACP drugs and equipment.
They are dispatched to ambulatory code 2/3 patients that don't require a stretcher.
While this may not sound exciting to "wanna be paramedics", you'd be surprised how many want to crew these units.
Here's why; Acute crews often get a job as soon as they log on, and just keep going for the whole 10/12 hour shift. I once went to 3 cardiac arrests in a row. Grab a feed or a coffee when and where you can because the chances of getting an unbroken 413 are getting fewer and fewer. Even paramedics that have only been qualified for a couple of years are getting burnt out, and see crewing the Lima units as an easier pace. Pay is no different (pay rate is determined by rank (skill level) and years of service.).
15 year QAS veteran.
res

Post by res »

Coover wrote:These Lima units are single officer (ACP/Bravo) crewed units equipped with all ACP drugs and equipment.
They are dispatched to ambulatory code 2/3 patients that don't require a stretcher.
While this may not sound exciting to "wanna be paramedics", you'd be surprised how many want to crew these units.
Here's why; Acute crews often get a job as soon as they log on, and just keep going for the whole 10/12 hour shift. I once went to 3 cardiac arrests in a row. Grab a feed or a coffee when and where you can because the chances of getting an unbroken 413 are getting fewer and fewer. Even paramedics that have only been qualified for a couple of years are getting burnt out, and see crewing the Lima units as an easier pace. Pay is no different (pay rate is determined by rank (skill level) and years of service.).
15 year QAS veteran.
Awesome, thanks for the info, many here appreciate it!
xoobri
Newly Registered Users

Post by xoobri »

nat965 wrote:
maccapro wrote:SIGNALS
Signal 11 - Pick up in Local
What does that mean?
means pickup a meal in the local area.