bundaberg QPS radio interference

gasgrassorarse

bundaberg QPS radio interference

Post by gasgrassorarse » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:01 pm

Anyone else heard the interference tonight on the Bundy QPS main opps freq (468.4000)

It is these sort of clowns that transmit music on their homebrew transmitters that are the reason Australian police are switching from analogue to encrypted digital :(

Phil
Administrator

Re: bundaberg QPS radio interference

Post by Phil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:15 am

gasgrassorarse,

Sadly this is not an uncommon thing and i tend to believe this is one of several factors as to why the Police are Encrypting but we are all aware of those. P25 also offers the ability for the radio operator to see who is calling via RID, yes analogue can do this however there are data noises at the end. Bundaberg did test P25 not to long ago with good success however, the went back to analogue. Hope the interference stops and those who have been doing it are caught and prosecuted.
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, GM300, DP3400 VHF x2, DP4801e, DP4801ex, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG

gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 pm

brisbanescan wrote:gasgrassorarse,

Sadly this is not an uncommon thing and i tend to believe this is one of several factors as to why the Police are Encrypting but we are all aware of those. P25 also offers the ability for the radio operator to see who is calling via RID, yes analogue can do this however there are data noises at the end. Bundaberg did test P25 not to long ago with good success however, the went back to analogue. Hope the interference stops and those who have been doing it are caught and prosecuted.

Thanks for the reply Phil, I hope they are caught and prosecuted too! The P25 trial did seem to have quite some hiccups though as it was common to hear comments on the current analogue freq's that indicated there were problems with range etc.

Another thing I have noticed more frequently in recent times is Gympie coms coming across on the Bundy coms main freq. Radio operators and VKR often making comments about that too as well as having to repeat their transmissions :(

Vkfour

Post by Vkfour » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:58 pm

I don't think it's home made transmitters causing the problems, but more likely the cheap Chinese radios. Having said that, I have a few of them, I am an advanced class amateur and I don't transmit on non-amateur bands, but I would like to kick the bums of idiots who do, in this case, those transmitting on the coppers bands.

gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Vkfour wrote:I don't think it's home made transmitters causing the problems, but more likely the cheap Chinese radios. Having said that, I have a few of them, I am an advanced class amateur and I don't transmit on non-amateur bands, but I would like to kick the bums of idiots who do, in this case, those transmitting on the coppers bands.
Hi vkfour, thanks for the reply. I don't know any ham's who transmit the shyte that this transmitter has been, including music from various genre's and era's!

Also fairly certain that it is intentional because they key their mike when QPS transmissions commence, so they go across the top of QPS transmissions :(

Vkfour

Post by Vkfour » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am

Most hams wouldn't, but unfortunately, I suspect a few would. My comment was mainly about the cheap imported radios and how people mis-use them and then skite about it in forums like this.

Unfortunately, when people speak out about this sort of behaviour, in these forums, they are branded self righteous drongos. I love radio and have no problems with people playing radio, licensed or not, but for crying out loud, don't interfere with licenced services, especially emergency services, and if someone does do that, let them know it's not on and don't criticize those who do dare to mention that it may be a tiny bit wrong.

Whilst it is true that our regulatory authority does have limited resources to go after specific offenders, the fact is that they can make getting things difficult for everyone. How about imposing a dirty great tariff on imports? Maybe let the police know that they can seize these things if they are not owned by a licenced amateur, yes, I know, standard class or better.

The consequences of these idiot actions are that all legitimate radio enthusiasts get tarred with the same brush and lumped with a load of bad press. The average "Joe", or "Jill", on the street can't tell if a person is a licenced amateur, a dedicated CB'er, a SWL, scanner enthusiast, or just a plain dill.

Oh, and by the way, don't interfere on the ham bands either!
:mrgreen:

550vkr

Post by 550vkr » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:09 pm

if u notice at the traffic lights on ch16 468.02500 and now 46 u hear static and around other transceivers with high output and this is the reason why they can't use digital in bundy the qr transmitter end woongarra st west side of trax does it out the front of the station does it any of the lights that have the transmitters on it also qps data transmission from the tango unit also anywhere near the win building... hummock ... i have noticed if u set ur gear correctly u can filter 99% of the shit out its just rf pollution its not cheap radios theres no way they would over ride there repeaters ... and there transmissions won't be repeated if they don't fit the standard but in any case if there are people fucking around with any emg freq they should see there day in court for sure .. i have heard thru the grapevine that an inspection of bundys rf pollution has been requested

chanjyj

Post by chanjyj » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Vkfour wrote:Most hams wouldn't, but unfortunately, I suspect a few would. My comment was mainly about the cheap imported radios and how people mis-use them and then skite about it in forums like this.

Unfortunately, when people speak out about this sort of behaviour, in these forums, they are branded self righteous drongos. I love radio and have no problems with people playing radio, licensed or not, but for crying out loud, don't interfere with licenced services, especially emergency services, and if someone does do that, let them know it's not on and don't criticize those who do dare to mention that it may be a tiny bit wrong.

Whilst it is true that our regulatory authority does have limited resources to go after specific offenders, the fact is that they can make getting things difficult for everyone. How about imposing a dirty great tariff on imports? Maybe let the police know that they can seize these things if they are not owned by a licenced amateur, yes, I know, standard class or better.

The consequences of these idiot actions are that all legitimate radio enthusiasts get tarred with the same brush and lumped with a load of bad press. The average "Joe", or "Jill", on the street can't tell if a person is a licenced amateur, a dedicated CB'er, a SWL, scanner enthusiast, or just a plain dill.

Oh, and by the way, don't interfere on the ham bands either!
:mrgreen:
VK4, what effect will a tariff have on the situation? I fail to see the logic - you seem to have linked cheaper radios with offenders.

gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:00 pm

550vkr wrote:if u notice at the traffic lights on ch16 468.02500 and now 46 u hear static and around other transceivers with high output and this is the reason why they can't use digital in bundy the qr transmitter end woongarra st west side of trax does it out the front of the station does it any of the lights that have the transmitters on it also qps data transmission from the tango unit also anywhere near the win building... hummock ... i have noticed if u set ur gear correctly u can filter 99% of the shit out its just rf pollution its not cheap radios theres no way they would over ride there repeaters ... and there transmissions won't be repeated if they don't fit the standard but in any case if there are people fucking around with any emg freq they should see there day in court for sure .. i have heard thru the grapevine that an inspection of bundys rf pollution has been requested
Well it has been quite some months since I have heard any foreign transmissions over the Bundy QPS main. It was the analogue freq's that I was talking about with the music etc being played. I'm 99.9% certain that it was not from a police TX, though there is always that slight element of possibility (maybe an officer's kids got hold of his radio and had a bit of "fun"?? but going from the styles of music that were being played, I doubt that too )

So the digital channels suffered from interference from traffic lights, WIN building (which I believe has some high output aerials on top of it??) and the hummock, well I would expect interference with most radio TX from there :)

I also hope they did get the clown who was playing around, it is just plain wrong to interfere with any TX freq, let alone emergency services and hopefully it didn't mean the death of someone due to their stupidity!!

gasgrassorarse

Post by gasgrassorarse » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:03 pm

chanjyj wrote:
VK4, what effect will a tariff have on the situation? I fail to see the logic - you seem to have linked cheaper radios with offenders.
I tend to agree there, cheaper radio tariff's won't change a thing!

It would be much the same as illegal weapons or drugs! You know, criminals always seem to find some way to get their hands on them :(