Lightbars

SteveNSWP

Lightbars

Post by SteveNSWP »

I've noticed a few times now that QLD cars seem to be appearing with the Code 3 Defender Lightbar. Is this a retrofit for QLD cars or are only some sections getting them. The clips I have seen on the news showed them to be GD's cars with the new lighbar. Are they phasing ut the old MX7000???

Cheers,

Steve.
Ashgrovefire

Lightbars

Post by Ashgrovefire »

Today I saw a close to exact copy of the nswpf lancer, same lightbar, just qld markings - looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
eggcarton

Re: Lightbars

Post by eggcarton »

I saw one a while back, possibly from Petrie. Looks like an MX7000 with the top level domes replaced with 2100 domes (like on the Ambulances). Don't like the flash pattern on the Defenders though, I think it is a waste for a lightbar that expensive.

Edit:
Just saw what you were talking about - GD Aurion with a Defender, Messageboard
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee ... 6335919461 video
quidifa8186

Re: Lightbars

Post by quidifa8186 »

I don't so much think that the MX7000s are being phased out, and if they are it will be a long process as they get reused on new cars over and over again until they finally break.

The defender ones more commonly go on the Iload vans to minimise clearance issues, but if they only have a defender available for re use - That's what will go on.

The lancers are being used by school based officers - Not GD crews (in brisbane at least). I would think the union would have something to say if they tried to give GDs lancers because the boots on the aurions only just fit all the gear carried, let alone going to a smaller one)