New Unmarked Police Car

Stretch
Forum Manager

New Unmarked Police Car

Post by Stretch »

Saw the most amazing unmarked police car last night. Pulled someone over on Smith Street heading east bound. It was a Black either Nissan Pajero or a Grand Cherokee. Had two LED lights on the back, one red on the right, one blue on the left of the numberplate and then one of each on the grill at the front and a set up on the passenger side visor. Wouldn't have spotted him if he didnt have his lights on and I was amazed when I saw him. Looked very similar to what the FBI uses but its a shorter version of it.
Mitch Rogers
FuhrerSheep

Re: New Unmarked Police Car

Post by FuhrerSheep »

Hey Strech,

QPS have a new fleet (as of June this year) of 300c Chryslers (Approximately 20 of these throughout QLD), Honda Civics (Approximately 50 of these throughout QLD), Jeep Commando's (Approximately 20 of these throughout QLD) and some of the newer cars (Since June last year) are VW Golf (Shitload of these up around the 100 mark in QLD now) and There are talk of using a few Subaru's later in the year.
Phil
Administrator

Post by Phil »

QPS Metro North Traffic Group have themselves a nice Holden SS Dual Cab Ute the only reason how i know this was that they were doing a Speed Trap in the middle of the night at the northern gateway seperator
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
jas27791

Post by jas27791 »

FuhrerSheep wrote:Hey Strech,

QPS have a new fleet (as of June this year) of 300c Chryslers (Approximately 20 of these throughout QLD), Honda Civics (Approximately 50 of these throughout QLD), Jeep Commando's (Approximately 20 of these throughout QLD) and some of the newer cars (Since June last year) are VW Golf (Shitload of these up around the 100 mark in QLD now) and There are talk of using a few Subaru's later in the year.
My mates uncle got pulled over in Tiaro coming back from Brisbane and the Traffic Branch was driving an unmarked maroon Subaru. This was in 2009 I think.
eggcarton

Post by eggcarton »

QPS is constantly replacing vehicles. The Chryslers were some of the best cars they had for traffic enforcment (even though the officers hate them) because there have been occasions that people have tried to race them.
Last edited by eggcarton on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youngn
Forum Manager

Post by youngn »

I saw an unmarked Golf GTI during Christmas Eve on the drive up to Gympie...
"YOUNGN"
mitch

Post by mitch »

Up here i have seen a subaru, honda, the good ol' speed camera disguised as a tradie's ute, a pathfinder speed camera, and a green VE commodore V8 ute, and it looks schmick!
trainguard

Post by trainguard »

the best one i've seen was a V8 black R8 317 unmarked. But what took the cake and ramed in down my gob was a silver 2011 nissan skyline GT-R spec chasing a VE Thunder SII ute just out side of tugun\coolengatta, and i saw as they drove passed a guy and a girl in blue, guy was driving and the girl was on the radio, red and blue strobbing lights on the visor and in the front grill, a blue light on the left rear windscreen and a red one on the right. unfortunately that day i hadn't purchased my scanner yet so i couldnt get call signs or anything.

seeing that silver skyline nealy made my wet my pants :lol:
David
Uniden UH7700NB, UBC355XLT