FG Falcons

SteveNSWP

FG Falcons

Post by SteveNSWP »

Just curious if there are any marked Ford FG Falcons out on the road in QLD yet?? We are getting them here in NSW but I havent seen them in any other state yet. If anyone has a pic that would be great!!

Cheers,

Steve
Daniel

Re: FG Falcons

Post by Daniel »

Hey Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. Queensland Police Service have recieved a few FG falcons, and hey have been tested at Mount Cotton driving facility. One of the first stations to recieve the new FG falcon was Deception Bay and I believe Brisbane Central station has one now as well.

Queensland Police Service mainly uses holden commodores and now toyota aurions. It depends on the station, but most stations can get deals done locally SOMETIMES. Up here Queensland dont have as many "PODs" (paddywagons) in a divisional station outside of brisbane usually 1-3, the rest of the vehicles are General Duties sedans. However in Brisbane e.g. fortitude valley due to the amount of drunks they have a lot more PODs, which are Toyota Hilux. Queensland Police are now also using a VW van which is knows as the divvie van, these are used in City division and Fortitude Valley division, they are a lot better than PODs.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel
415Tango

Re: FG Falcons

Post by 415Tango »

I have seen a few of those VW 'divvie' vans around Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach, and even as far down as Palmy recently, however I think they're all based at Surfers Station because I always hear them (Golf 330 -337) proceeding back to Surfers Station to terminate. They look like they could keep a lot more idiots in them than the PODs :D
Charles
ACREM 415 Tango - Gold Coast Division
Mobile / Base - Uniden UH500SX
Handheld - Uniden UH065SX