UBCD436PT & UBCD536PT Updates coming

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Pendulum

UBCD436PT & UBCD536PT Updates coming

Post by Pendulum »

I have been speaking with a good friend of mine tonight that happens to work at pacific telecommunications, he informs me that the research and development at uniden are working on a firmware update to make these radios more australia friendly.

this includes unlocking the cellular blocks on the 800Mhz and 900Mhz bands and also some other band changes (you tassie folk will be happy)

although he can't say when this update will be released he said that it was accepted that it will be by christmas 2016.

these radios will also have DMR capabilities however you will have to pay for that update as uniden have to pay royalties for this.

pacific telecommunications have exclusive rights to this radio for now and all purchases have to come from either them or their network of dealers.

if i hear anything else ill keep you all updated and in the loop
peteramjet

Re: UBCD436PT & UBCD536PT Updates coming

Post by peteramjet »

This may be good news for the future - but don't expect any updates until the scanner is available to the general public.

At the moment the scanner is intended as a CFA-centred scanner only. There is no business case for PT to make modifications beyond that if he scanner isn't freely available to those outside the CFA.
railscan

Post by railscan »

peteramjet wrote:This may be good news for the future - but don't expect any updates until the scanner is available to the general public.

At the moment the scanner is intended as a CFA-centred scanner only. There is no business case for PT to make modifications beyond that if he scanner isn't freely available to those outside the CFA.
Wrong...

R
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

peteramjet wrote:This may be good news for the future - but don't expect any updates until the scanner is available to the general public.

as far as i am aware the units are available to the general public but only through Pacific telecommunications network of dealers (give them a call and they will point you in the right direction)
peteramjet

Post by peteramjet »

Pendulum wrote:as far as i am aware the units are available to the general public but only through Pacific telecommunications network of dealers (give them a call and they will point you in the right direction)
Ironically I contacted PT using the contact form on their site in late July 2016 re the 436 and was advised it wouldn't be available as a general release until the CFA contract was fully met later this year. However a quick Google search shows this AU model (and the 536) is now being offered through other sellers to the public and has been for some months - definitely got a bum steer from PT!
Pendulum

Post by Pendulum »

hopefully we get an update to add Provoice like the us and uk models have
railscan

Post by railscan »

Pendulum wrote:hopefully we get an update to add Provoice like the us and uk models have
Why?

R
lysp

Post by lysp »

I saw this post and thought it was going to say there was a new update with DMR included.

:cry:
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Updates for 436-PT and 536-PT units.

https://uniden.com.au/product/scanner-upgrade/

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

The link I posted above is no longer working. It was a test page only and the live page will be active at a later date.

Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

https://uniden.staging.pollittbromley.c ... r-upgrade/

VK3YMML

Post by VK3YMML »

Pumper_50 wrote:The link I posted above is no longer working. It was a test page only and the live page will be active at a later date.

Any update when this will be rolled out, I would love to have more to listen to on my UBCD436-PT
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Now active.

https://uniden.com.au/product/scanner-upgrade/

Blake

Post by Blake »

Thanks Pumper_50,

Well, I just went for it and bought the DMR upgrade, they emailed the key through straight away, and it was easy as pie to upgrade. And I just confirmed, I've now got DMR fully functional!

Yay.

Is there any point getting the NXDN or Provoice upgrades at this stage? Are there even any systems in Victoria?
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Quite a few NXDN users and systems.

DMR is still leading the way though.

tanger32au

Post by tanger32au »

Everybody has noticed the "extra" models listed? USD100 and SDS100E.
Pumper_50

Post by Pumper_50 »

Yes, they were there during the test site process also.

USD100 will in all probability be the Australian/New Zealand version of the SDS100.

SDS100E the European version.