Scanning for PL Tones (CTCSS/DCS) - Uniden 396XT

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
bagman002

Scanning for PL Tones (CTCSS/DCS) - Uniden 396XT

Post by bagman002 »

Hi guys,

I am wondering if there is a way to automatically detect any PL tones while scanning on the Uniden 396XT.

The main reason for this as when I am out 4wding if I need help or want to contact another convoy if they are using PL tones I will need to program that into my radio before they will hear me.

I catch a glimpse of my Uniden UH8080S displaying the PL tones. I have discovered how I can do this on my 396XT but I need to first find the frequency being used.

My question is if there is a way to display this on the screen automatically once it lands/listens to a frequency?

Thanks for any help
Brent
Sold my Uniden 93XLT and now using Uniden 396XT
railscan

Re: Scanning for PL Tones (CTCSS/DCS) - Uniden 396XT

Post by railscan »

bagman002 wrote:Hi guys,
I am wondering if there is a way to automatically detect any PL tones while scanning on the Uniden 396XT.
The main reason for this as when I am out 4wding if I need help or want to contact another convoy if they are using PL tones I will need to program that into my radio before they will hear me.
I catch a glimpse of my Uniden UH8080S displaying the PL tones. I have discovered how I can do this on my 396XT but I need to first find the frequency being used.
My question is if there is a way to display this on the screen automatically once it lands/listens to a frequency?
Thanks for any help
Brent
Yes, have the CTCSS feature enabled and the tone set to SEARCH. That is for memory channels. If in Close Call have CTCSS enabled in the Search/Close Call options page.

R
bagman002

Re: Scanning for PL Tones (CTCSS/DCS) - Uniden 396XT

Post by bagman002 »

railscan wrote:
Yes, have the CTCSS feature enabled and the tone set to SEARCH. That is for memory channels. If in Close Call have CTCSS enabled in the Search/Close Call options page.

R
Oh so I can do it I just need it to be saved in memory?

When scanning for CB frequencies I just use the Service Search option and do it that way. I will create a System just for that and give it a go.

Thanks
Sold my Uniden 93XLT and now using Uniden 396XT