ubc126at antenna upgrade. ?

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
cbw001
Newly Registered Users

Post by cbw001 »

Hi im after a better antenna for my ubc126at and have no idea where to look let alone what to look for anyone able to help me out with some information thanks chris
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: ubc126at antenna upgrade. ?

Post by Phantom »

In theory, the best antenna is one matched to the band you are wishing to operate in
alinco21

Post by alinco21 »

The one that came with the scanner would be multi band suited to the radio (well Uniden says so) . What you could go for if you are at home is a amplified receiving antenna, placed up on a pole.

As you have not said were your are located It could also be due to your location and what you are trying to receive as well.
Ebay has a few under $50 that would suit the BNC connection.
chainz

Post by chainz »

If you want one for handheld, it does a great job on the emergency bands, and air bands aswell. 7 bucks from eBay. Nagoya 771
cbw001
Newly Registered Users

Post by cbw001 »

Yes I want to keep it portable and I'm in the ipswich area mainly want it for police and other emergency services I currently do pick up all the local guys but was hopeing for gold coast and logan if that was possible without going a fixed antenna would a another portable antenna be worth getting or would I need something better thanks also people could you please post some links so I could see as I wouldn't have a clue what to look for thank you
Radio_Australia

Post by Radio_Australia »

Police and emergency services in your area are going encrypted digital soon.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Links?
You could always try http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eBay+Nagoya+771