Best Handheld vhf Antenna

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
emergen

Re: Best Handheld vhf Antenna

Post by emergen »

I do have to reference the previous post. A copy and paste has saved me tapping it all out via phone.

http://ham.stackexchange.com/questions/ ... m-handheld

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

just got mine that arrived for my uniden 436hp makes a huge difference its actually usable now
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

I brought a Nagoya 701 for my 396XT but found it to long (215mm), thought I would look for something shorter. Got one of these:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/UHF-400-470M ... 2ed5fd346c

I was surprised how good it is, easily preforms the same as the 701 and far better than the Uniden antenna. Its only 130mm long when its not extended. I almost never need to extend it so all is good.

Like others have said all these antennas are so cheap on ebay you can buy a few different ones to try.
emergen

Post by emergen »

@Newy1234 it seems that you have found an antenna that works for you and there'd be no benefit from suggesting anything different.

I use a dual band 2m/70cm antenna if I want to use my scanner outside of a vehicle. The reason for my decision is because; most frequencies I listen to fall within or just outside of those bands. Having an antenna that's band specific typically improves reception.

The other more reason that is more important to me is the ability to swap antennas between the handheld ham units and scanner.

Like you said the antennas are cheap so you can buy, try and work out the best for your needs,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Brought a heap of these antennas and its brought my uniden 436hp to life i am very impressed with there performance and they work great on the baofeng
leniboy

Post by leniboy »

nnjj
BCD996XT BCD396XT UBC9000XLT BC785D ICOM IC-R1500 ICOM R7000 ICOM R75 KENWOOD R5000 KENWOOD RZ-1 AOR 8200MK3