Programming software to run on a Mac

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Surfgrrrl

Programming software to run on a Mac

Post by Surfgrrrl »

Hi All,
I'm new to all of this. It seems as though the best way to proceed with my new scanner is to program it via a PC but I have a Mac - is there any Mac based programing software anyone would recommend?

Regards..Lisa
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Programming software to run on a Mac

Post by Phantom »

Have you tried the Virtual machine, inside the Mac?
Running windows is quite easy to do inside the Mac...
As for software? It depends on what program you are wanting to run... .
Surfgrrrl

Post by Surfgrrrl »

Thanks Phantom.

Problem is I have a work laptop (Mac) and they don't have VM loaded - so I thought if there was a application written for the mac environment I could download that myself. I notice posts of other forums going back to 2002 on this issue - it is hard to believe someone hasn't written something by now ... but maybe not!
Comint

Post by Comint »

Surfgrrrl wrote:Thanks Phantom.

Problem is I have a work laptop (Mac) and they don't have VM loaded - so I thought if there was a application written for the mac environment I could download that myself. I notice posts of other forums going back to 2002 on this issue - it is hard to believe someone hasn't written something by now ... but maybe not!
There is very little radio related software written for the MAC. I would say that there is actually more written for Linux, and even that is fairly scarce.

I have seen the same question asked on multiple forums around the world, and the only answer I have seen is along the lines of that given by Phantom.

--
Comint
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

What program/s are you wanting to run?