Programing Uninden 436xt

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
vkcpolice

Programing Uninden 436xt

Post by vkcpolice »

Hi guys just got my uniden 436xt in the post today imported from the usa. i cant seem to find any free software that i can program this scanner with and the trial software i found on the net continues to crash and wont read a csv file.
im really stuck as i dont wont to program this thing by hand. freescan detects the scanner however it wont let me write to it. if anyone here has one of these radios any tips on how to use the damn thing would be much appreciated.

so far im finding that this radio is cheaply built and has horrible sound quality so keep this in mind if your going to waste your money on one like i just did
dags19

Re: Programing Uninden 436xt

Post by dags19 »

try radio reference heaps on there
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Not good if the sound quality from the internal speaker is crap. I was surprised when I got my 396XT how good the internal speaker was. Sounds like a backward step.
Comint

Post by Comint »

vkcpolice wrote:freescan detects the scanner however it wont let me write to it. if anyone here has one of these radios any tips on how to use the damn thing would be much appreciated.
Does Freescan let you read from the 436.

--
Comint
vkcpolice

Post by vkcpolice »

Does Freescan let you read from the 436.

No it only detects it through the seriel port however it wont write or read and the crappy software that came with the scanner does not support the csv file i created so annoyed
Comint

Post by Comint »

vkcpolice wrote:Does Freescan let you read from the 436.

No it only detects it through the seriel port however it wont write or read and the crappy software that came with the scanner does not support the csv file i created so annoyed
No sense in trying to write to any scanner, or radio, if you can't even read from it first. You run a serious risk of loading corrupted information to the device.

--
Comint