Uniden EZ 130XLT

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Spectre

Re: Uniden EZ 130XLT

Post by Spectre » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:00 am

Yes I would have to agree the 780XLT is a truly excellent little scanner, apart from the apparent lack of P25 functionality it would still be a competitive scanner despite it's vintage and as already stated quite the performer on the Air bands.
Equip: Uniden 57XLT, 780XLT, 895XLT, Realistic Pro-2020, Pro-2025 & Pro-2040

macnoodle

Post by macnoodle » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:39 am

Slightly off topic: AIRMAN, I see that you used to have the Icom IC–R 20. Do you miss it at all? I already have a Uniden UBCD396XT, but the IC-R20 keeps calling out to me. I keep wondering what I am missing out on, on the frequencies that the Uniden does not cover. I'm also wondering if the IC-R20 is a good buy these days, with more and more frequencies going over to the digital dark side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

blacktown
Forum Manager

Post by blacktown » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Spectre wrote:Yes I would have to agree the 780XLT is a truly excellent little scanner, apart from the apparent lack of P25 functionality it would still be a competitive scanner despite it's vintage and as already stated quite the performer on the Air bands.
My analog 780xlt actually is used for decoding P25, Dmr(trbo) and Nxdn, as well as logging encrypted p25.
It has a discriminator tap fitted that feeds the raw digital signal into my laptop, where the Dsd plus program and Dmr V73 do their magic
I have flogged it pretty hard over the years especially logging motorola, mpt1327 and ltr control channel trunking data
The beauty of the discriminator tap on an otherwise analog scanner is that it opens up a new world of monitoring
The only downside with the 780 is that the ctcss /dcs is not instant, and i had a few issues with display screens going blank. At the moment I have an issue where the screen display has suddenly faded in the last day or two but a friend has offered to fix that. (The same person who fitted the discrim tap. I myself have no idea about electronics.)