Re: UBCD396XT Scanning

Discussion on Uniden technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Hilly
Newly Registered Users

Post by Hilly »

Hi there all, my name is Peter and live in Albion Park NSW. I work as a coach driver and Vol for the NSW RFS. As i am new at this scanning thing,can anyone suggest which software to use and how is the best way to load the frequencies.

Cheers for now !!!!
Phil
Administrator

Re: Re: UBCD396XT Scanning

Post by Phil »

Hilly,

welcome to the forums, albion park is a lovely place i visit it numerous time a year to visit family

for the 396xt there are a few pieces of software
Proscan
Freescan
Butel - ARC396

personnaly i use proscan and have done on a few scanners

hope this information helps when the time comes to getting scanner frequencies please dont hesitate to ask
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
dags

Post by dags »

yep proscan is what i use
sylkwood

Post by sylkwood »

I use Proscan and find it makes programming a lot easier
Steve
iiCaptain

Post by iiCaptain »

Freescan is what I use and it's free
Works well.

Sent from my Commodore Vic 20
roynewbie

Post by roynewbie »

need help, where can i download the program required to pick up encrypted police ambo ect,
as this model is unencrypted?

thank roy
Comint

Post by Comint »

roynewbie wrote:need help, where can i download the program required to pick up encrypted police ambo ect,
as this model is unencrypted?
There is currently NO scanner available that will allow you to monitor - as in, listen to the contents of - encrypted transmissions.

Any scanner will "pickup" encrypted transmissions, but there is NO programming that will allow you to listen to the un-encrypted audio.

--
Comint
Choppa000

Post by Choppa000 »

Hi can anyone tell me where I can buy a desktop/mobile digital p25 scanner
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

GRE PSR-600 and the Uniden 996T, there is also the Uniden 996XT from the US
Newy1234

Post by Newy1234 »

Ebay is a good place to start.
Hilly
Newly Registered Users

Post by Hilly »

Ok guys I have now had time to install the software free scan does anyone have the NSW Country police freq's please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
railsquad77

Post by railsquad77 »

Check forums under NSW police u will find it there

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk 4
55David
Newly Registered Users

Post by 55David »

Hi all, I have installed proscan and freescan. It appears that my ubcd396xt is unable to connect to either program. I am using a serial to USB adapter. I've checked everything speeds and ports etc. Any help is greatly appreciated
alphanull25

Post by alphanull25 »

Hi
I had the same problem with the 996T until I purchased a USB adpater with the PL2303 driver. This works even on the old 780XLT which everybody swore would never work with USB.
My 396XT came with a USB cable that has always worked on the 996T and the 396XT. Admittedly, there is something wrong with proscan that I could not get to work either. I use other software from Butel
Hope that helps. Do a google search for PL-2303 and get back to me if you get stuck :D

Niall
Gold Coast EMS Audio Feed Provider
dags19

Post by dags19 »

i bought one of these a couple of years ago i think somebody on here recommended it,i never had any problems with it still going like brand new today http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-to-Seria ... 417772aa1b
Comint

Post by Comint »

dags19 wrote:i bought one of these a couple of years ago i think somebody on here recommended it,i never had any problems with it still going like brand new today http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-to-Seria ... 417772aa1b
That Link is for a USB-to-Serial-Adaptor using the FTDI chipset, which certainly does NOT use the troublesome Prolific chipset.

Cheap (less than about $15) USB-to-Serial-Adaptors from Asian countries, generally use counterfeit Prolific chipsets which may, or may not, work on your computer.

Prolific, the manufacturer of the genuine item, has been able to rewrite the "drivers" so that they will only work with the genuine item, and not work with the counterfeit chips.

I do NOT recommend using adapters with Prolific chipsets. I only recommend adapters using the FTDI chipset.

--
Comint
tonka truck
Newly Registered Users

Post by tonka truck »

HI im new to the world of scanners i have just bought the ubcd39xt scanner hoping to listen to the police in wa but found out that it is incripted - will the new scanner bcd436hp allow me to listen to digital incripted frequencies if it doesn't then i don't need to buy it any infomation you can give me will be very appreciated. :D
Comint

Post by Comint »

tonka truck wrote:HI im new to the world of scanners i have just bought the ubcd39xt scanner hoping to listen to the police in wa but found out that it is incripted - will the new scanner bcd436hp allow me to listen to digital incripted frequencies if it doesn't then i don't need to buy it any infomation you can give me will be very appreciated. :D
There is currently NO scanner available, anywhere in the World, that will allow you to listen to Encrypted transmissions, and there is NEVER likely to be any such scanner.

The BCD436HP, and the BCD536HP, certainly won't.

--
Comint
tonka truck
Newly Registered Users

Post by tonka truck »

thank you for that no need to buy any new scanners
SteveO

Post by SteveO »

Comint wrote:
tonka truck wrote:HI im new to the world of scanners i have just bought the ubcd39xt scanner hoping to listen to the police in wa but found out that it is incripted - will the new scanner bcd436hp allow me to listen to digital incripted frequencies if it doesn't then i don't need to buy it any infomation you can give me will be very appreciated. :D
There is currently NO scanner available, anywhere in the World, that will allow you to listen to Encrypted transmissions, and there is NEVER likely to be any such scanner.

--
Comint
I'll bet the CIA have some :lol:
Steve