Tx4500 not picking up frequency

Discussion on GME technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Phantom
Forum Manager

Re: Tx4500 not picking up frequency

Post by Phantom »

What other things did you see when you were having a look thru the menu?
DT80 looks to have been a DCS setting.... Makes me wonder why you had that on in the first place.

Was there a fault with the antenna system?
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

I didn't touch anything those settings were how it was when it was installed! I have no idea about it so I didn't mess with it lol. Not sure if they found any problems yet, still not picking up anything on the channels I'm scanning through. Except 40 obviously. There are a few other settings, just not sure what they could be for. Have no idea why this isn't working :-/
Comint

Post by Comint »

oztrucker84 wrote: . . . Except 40 obviously.
Do you mean "just Ch 40" or "the UHFCB frequencies".
. . . There are a few other settings, just not sure what they could be for.
Please post the other settings here, so others can possibly explain what they are for. Some settings are only applicable to the UHFCB channels, while others are only applicable to the "RX only" channels.

--
Comint
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

Firstly I meant on the Uhf channel 40 I can hear static and people, not anything on Rx only channels

When I go through the menu on the rx channels these are the settings that are selected;
CTCOF, ENCOF, 12.5k, DVCOF, ALPHA, BLKON, RX-A,

When I go through on normal Uhf CH40 these are the settings that are selected ;
CTCOF, ENCOF, NBFLT, DVCOF, S-MET, BLKON, RX-A,

Thanks again!!
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Hi oztrucker84 the setting you have listed are

CTCOF, ENCOF, 12.5k, DVCOF, ALPHA, BLKON, RX-A,
CTCSS off, Encoder (Scrambler) off, narrow band, dynamic volume control off, alpha tag display on, busy lockout on, RX bank A of 5 selected.

CTCOF, ENCOF, NBFLT, DVCOF, S-MET, BLKON, RX-A,
AS above, As above, Narrow band mode, As above, S Meter selected, As above and as above.

The Dynamic Volume Control is an attempt to reduce the varying recovered audio due to the mixture of 40 Ch and 80 Ch sets.

Of those setting there is nothing that I can see that should effect the receive. Have you got a copy of the manual?
You can download it from the GME website. the next step is to get the radio tested by a professional. Most won't charge for a quick bench test.
Regards

Ian
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

The radio is brand new, just been put in :( I can't get it out as it's in a work truck. Yeah I downloaded the manual, but most of it doesn't make sense to me, because I don't know much about this...
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Did you place the freqs into the right memory bank?
Antenna system check?
Squelch setting?

Are you sure they are transmitting when you are listening?
Are you sure the correct frequency is entered? No transpositional errors?
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

I'm not sure what the memory bank is, the antenna is better now, I can talk on 40 up to a few ks away, the squelch is just on the knob on the front right? I've got it scanning all day and only ever stops on 40. In the truck for 12 hours a day, I've checked frequency. Not sure what transpondal errors are. Thanks
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

Because the gme only allow 5 numbers like, 468.42 and most of the frequencies are like 468.425 or more numbers it's not as effective in finding the correct frequency?
Phantom
Forum Manager

Post by Phantom »

Read the manual. It's all explained there...
I have success in listening to those mentioned they my GME unit. You. Must have something else going on causing her problem

You really need to have the manual in front of you when you are playing with the unit. It will make more sense when you have both together
Comint

Post by Comint »

oztrucker84 wrote:I'm not sure what the memory bank is,
A memory bank is where the frequencies are stored. eg., RX-A, RX-B etc.

Not sure what transpondal errors are. Thanks
Transpositional error means entering a frequency, or frequencies, with a digit in the wrong place.
For example:- entering 468.425 as 486.425, or some variation of that.

Because the gme only allow 5 numbers like, 468.42 and most of the frequencies are like 468.425 or more numbers
Even though a radio will only display 5 digits, it will usually accept at least 1 or 2 more internally.
Anyway, even 0.005 MHz off frequency, your radio should respond to a strong transmission, if it is otherwise programmed correctly.

--
Comint
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

Thanks for explaining that for me. Much appreciated. Definitely the right frequency, it's all on RX-A including the uhf channels. So Im at a loss..... No idea
Comint

Post by Comint »

oztrucker84 wrote:Thanks for explaining that for me. Much appreciated. Definitely the right frequency, it's all on RX-A including the uhf channels. So Im at a loss..... No idea
RX-A, RX-B, RX-C, RX-D, and RX-E are 5 Banks of 19 Programmable 'Receive ONLY" Channels. I don't know why you would have any UHFCB frequencies programmed in there. You certainly can't transmit on a frequency in the RX- Banks.

I don't own a TX4500, and as far as I can see from the Manual, SCAN only works on the 80 UHFCB Channels, and you have to specifically "tag" each Channel that you want to be in the Scan Memory (see Pages 10/11 in Manual).

--
Comint
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

Good morning. They will bring a laptop to the vehicle, plug in the programming lead and download the file. the radio does not have to be removed to download the file. Regards
Ian
oztrucker84

Post by oztrucker84 »

I'd have to clear it with work first. I'll get back to you. Thanks :)