Icom IC-41PRO

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
rapps_101

Icom IC-41PRO

Post by rapps_101 »

Icoms latest invention

http://www.icom.net.au/uhfcb_ic-41pro.html

80 Channel UHF CB
Waterproof and dustproof (IP67)
5 year warranty on radio
18hr typ. operating time with BP280
Simple operation
New rotary Channel Selector/Squelch control
Voice announcement of channel number
VOX capability with optional headset options
Scrambler capability built in
Receive only Channels – up to 35
Unique repeater scan plus open, group and priority scan
In-range indicator (ATS)
Output power 5 Watts (low power 1 Watt)
Built-in CTCSS/DCS (providing silent stand-by)
Selective Calling (SELCALL)
Duplex operation, providing repeater access
Compact and rugged construction (based on a commercial product)
Private Channels from 450-520 MHz available for commercial users (dealer programmable), requires FASC72U antenna (frequency between 490-520MHz)
CS-41PRO User software available for customisation of operation (requires OPC-478UC cable)

I think I'll probably get a couple if I can find them at the right price. They seem to be around $400 online
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
Yipyip46

Re: Icom IC-41PRO

Post by Yipyip46 »

Yes they look pretty good. Best you read the fine print in the owner's manual about the accessories and which ones effect and don't effect the "Waterproof and Dustproof" features and the "Warranty Conditions". A customer of mine with an IC-41W and genuine Icom accessories recently got caught with the "Waterproof" side. All in all it looks great and is a typical Icom offering.
Regards
Yipyip.
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

Yipyip46 wrote:Yes they look pretty good. Best you read the fine print in the owner's manual about the accessories and which ones effect and don't effect the "Waterproof and Dustproof" features and the "Warranty Conditions". A customer of mine with an IC-41W and genuine Icom accessories recently got caught with the "Waterproof" side. All in all it looks great and is a typical Icom offering.
Regards
Yipyip.
I'd be looking at speaker mics only. But good to know.
Currently have: Simoco SRM9000 (TU), Yaesu FT65, GME XRS370, GME TX6155 x 2, Icom IC400 Pro x 2, Icom IC41 Pro x 3
Yipyip46

Post by Yipyip46 »

There are 2 types, the standard one (does not seal the sockets and lets in water) (The cheap one ) and the waterproof one (This has a seal around the socket that plugs into the unit) (The expensive one).
Regards
Yipyip
chrisco

Post by chrisco »

Also a new model out to replace the 400pro

Sent on the go with the Telstra network using Tapatalk
rapps_101

Post by rapps_101 »

Ended up getting one, plus waterproof mic, orange case and spare battery. $600 for the lot from Commex.
Great radio!
Used the cable and software to add in some zones and change some stuff. I'm very happy with it all.