ICOM IC-41S

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
Comint

Re: ICOM IC-41S

Post by Comint »

A pretty good "Rule of Thumb" is that if the Programming Cable costs less than about $18.00 then it is highly unlikely to be a genuine cable.

To be on the safe side, it is best to steer clear of any cable using a Prolific chip-set.

--
Comint
and007

Post by and007 »

Hi All,
I am new, so take it easy on me…
I am trying to convert an older IC41S from 40 channel to 80 channel.
What are the steps to do the process. I have the USB Cable, and Software V1.2, and 80 channel lists, but I can’t find the specific steps anywhere.
Do I turn radio on / What mode does radio have to be in?
I assume that I plug cable into the low of the two ports where the speaker/mic plugs in?
Thanks
Andrew.
and007

Post by and007 »

Hi All,

I have do the update, but the radio can't transmit. I assume that something to do with Wide/Narrow by reading some of the other forums.

Would it be possible for someone with an IC-41S with the 80 Channels loaded to export their programming file and post it here?

Thanks,

Andrew
and007

Post by and007 »

HI All that might be reading this in the future,

Step 1 - get a programming cable. Mine was $7.99 delivered from Ebay.
Step 2 - get 80 channel upload file.
Step 3 - get V1.2 of the update software. This is relatively easy to use. I could not find or get V1.3
Step 4 - After loading up V1.2, hookup the radio turn it on, with USB cable plugged in, upload the 80 channel file to the Radio.
Step 5 - install V1.1 of the program on your PC. Both programs can co-exist on your PC. Hook up Radio now with 80 channel listing.
Step 6 - find the Mod N, hold Sift and the arrow to the right, the program goes up in steps of 5, make value = 65.
Step 7 - find the Mod Ratio, hold shift and the arrow to the right, the program goes up in steps of 5, make value = 125.

Good luck, and may the force be with you.

Bob's Ya Uncle.

Cheers,

Andrew.