ICOM F-50 cannot access COM (SOLVED)

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
firepat
Newly Registered Users

ICOM F-50 cannot access COM (SOLVED)

Post by firepat »

Hi

I'm a total newbie to radios and got my hand on an ICOM F-50 the original! Now I've been reading up on everything and got my cable in today. I got the radio to connect to the programming software on the first try and entered a test Frequency and C.Tone that goes with it and hit "write" everything cloned and I turned the radio off and on to find that the frequency successfully transfered! Now when I went back to try and connect to enter more frequencies it's giving me "cannot access COM" message and I haven't changed a single thing! I checked that I'm on the right COM settings. The cable is brand new, and it connected 5 minutes ago without an issue on the first try....I'm at a lost here. Any ideas?
Last edited by firepat on Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phil
Administrator

Re: ICOM F-50 cannot access COM

Post by Phil »

Unplug the cable, close the software after saving the Codeplug when this is all done connect the cable and run the software and see if that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
Forum Administrator
phil@aussiescanners.com.au

Uniden UBCD996T, RH96, UBCD396xt, Uniden UBCD563-PT
RTL-SDRs way to many
Motorola GP328, GP338, GP328 Plus, XTS3000, DP3400 VHF, DP2600e, DP4801e, DM4601e, XTL5000-03, XTS2500 M3
Simoco SRM9030 AC, SRM9022 UW
Hytera - PD412, PD462, PD682, MD782G, PD782G
Barrett 950
Icom IC-F60, IC-410 Pro
Tait TM8250
Kenwood - NX720HG
firepat
Newly Registered Users

Re: ICOM F-50 cannot access COM

Post by firepat »

I did all that and changed USB port on my computer I think I found the one that seems to work the most (COM PORT 5) Thanks so much for the feedback I appreciate it!