Icom Programming issues

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
MelBel
Newly Registered Users

Icom Programming issues

Post by MelBel »

Ive been muddling on a problem with some Icom icF60's and Im hoping someone might be able to build or advise me further on what ive managed to research thus far...
We have sourced a number of these units (from all round the place) that we have/are attempting to reprogram - some of them are icF60v models. From what i can see unless you have the original software version the unit was programmed on, you get the usual 'cannot access transceiver yada yada' error message.
Thus far we have used software : CSF50V, CSF50 versions 3.2 and 1.7 and CSF50mdc (version 2.1)
I still cant get a read/write connection on 2 icF60 units and 3 other (also icF60) units that were successfully programmed (using csF50mdc) now have squelch issues that adjustment in the software settings doesnt seem to help. What other versions of software were commonly used that I should be looking for?? Is there anything else I have missed that i need to consider?

Any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated,
Im pretty sure its not a COM port or O/S issue as that has been looked into already but you know what they say about assumption so ill give anything a try at this stage!
ziggybyrne

Re: Icom Programming issues

Post by ziggybyrne »

G'day,
I've got an f60 uhf which uses the mdc 2.1 software and a maxton RPC 1966 cable and it works well-probably not what you wanted to hear! As you said the comport settings are the next port of call . Of course your usb-serial adapter might need revisiting - maybe go into your computers "devices and printers"options.
I wish i could help more, they are a top radio. Also have you enabled the built in inversion voice scrambler? If not check it out.
regards rowan
Poika 1
Newly Registered Users

Post by Poika 1 »

I have CS-F50V software rev 3.1. I am programming IC-F60V radios with this no trouble, i am having the opposite drama to you in that i can't program the IC-F60 radios with this software...
FastR1Red

Post by FastR1Red »

I've used the version 2.1 software on both the IC-F60V and IC-F60. No problems at all. It "could" be a compatibility issue with your cable.

(EDIT< I'll double check that, I'm sure it was the same software, haven't programmed a non -V version for over 12months))