IC-R30 replacement antenna

Discussion on Icom technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
lolbananalol2

IC-R30 replacement antenna

Post by lolbananalol2 »

Does anyone on here know where I could possibly get a replacement antenna for this receiver? The antenna that’s on it at the moment is starting to get a bit floppy and I feel like it could break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Air493

Re: IC-R30 replacement antenna

Post by Air493 »

Try Strictly Ham in Melbourne if you want a OEM replacement.

The other option is one of the Diamond, Comet or even Nagoya SMA telescopic antennas.
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

Air493 wrote:Try Strictly Ham in Melbourne if you want a OEM replacement.

The other option is one of the Diamond, Comet or even Nagoya SMA telescopic antennas.
Thanks for the reply. I've tried looking at the Strictly Ham website but I didn't find anything. I can check again to see if I missed something though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Air493

Post by Air493 »

I would give them a call or email and see if they have (or can get) the OEM antenna. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, but they may be available.

The other options if you want a telescopic antenna are the Comet SMA-99, the Diamond SRH-779 or SRH-789.
lolbananalol2

Post by lolbananalol2 »

Air493 wrote:I would give them a call or email and see if they have (or can get) the OEM antenna. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere, but they may be available.

The other options if you want a telescopic antenna are the Comet SMA-99, the Diamond SRH-779 or SRH-789.
Thanks for that. I'll give it a look.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ekazon

Post by ekazon »

I know IC-R30 has no transmit capability. Of greater concern, I've heard it is "bad" on HF compared to other options, but I don't know how bad. The IC-r20 was disappointing and seemed to overload on a longwire antenna. Essentially the signal is too strong and overloads the receiver. Strictly Ham has some good OEM Options