Programming GP339 Error message*

Discussion on Motorola technologies, including programming, tutorials, schematics, requests for help and new releases etc
Forum rules
***NOTE*** This forum and its content are not endorsed in any way by the vendor and users are advised to exercise caution when viewing and/or acting on any information contained within. We accept no responsibility for your devices and strongly warn you to check your warranty conditions and seek expert advice before proceeding.
millsy01

Programming GP339 Error message*

Post by millsy01 »

Hey guys,

I having issues with my GP339 UHF. When i try to read it i get this message,

Error message: Couldn't Open port. Check whether Device/RIB are powered on or not, and the Device to RIB, And the RIB to PC connection is OK

I'm not using a RIB but a usb instead.But when trying to read via the software (R03.11.16) it switches off the radio and gives the above mentioned RIB error. The COM port on the PC and software is the same. Tried Win 10 and 7 and XP.

The cable I'm using: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/USB-Program ... :rk:5:pf:0

The Software I'm using: Motorola Pro GP300/GM300 Series EU English CPS RSS Programming Software R03.11.16

The GP339 is a: AZH25SDH9AN6 UHF 450-520 MHz SW version: R03.01.25 CP version: R4.05

Ic-400Pro & IC-41W