gme tx6200 tx mods

For anyone that wants to modify their equipment or has a question relating to their installation issues
Forum rules
Aussiescanners takes no responsibility for any modification undertaken, these are to be done at your own risk and should only be performed by those with good knowledge of radio and soldering.
ziggybyrne

gme tx6200 tx mods

Post by ziggybyrne » Sun May 12, 2013 8:34 pm

I've had a tx6200 for years now and recently found a flaw in the programming cable which was stopping me from connecting the software to the radio. The radioworks cable needed the red and white cable reversed and presto it works. Since then I've been experimenting with the radio and have made a few interesting discoveries. In my version of the software on the options page there is an option to TX on 70cm band including repeater offset. As an experiment only I can verify that this is possible by ticking the correct box (from 430-450 MHz)-however repeater offset does NOT seem to work. The radio is also capable of doing the same in the 477mhz window between 476.425 and 477.400 including 12.5 kHz steps if you have narrowband enabled by holding the down arrow button while switching the unit on. freqs are selectable as you would with a RX only channel. This effectively gives you access to 20 pre programmed narrowband uhf cb freqs (simplex) or the ability to dedicate one channel (I use ch 60) for the new channel 60. Thought some of you might be interested.
Cheers Rowan

Valiant69
Newly Registered Users

Re: gme tx6200 tx mods

Post by Valiant69 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Hello,
I also own the same unit.
I have never tried reprogramming it since purchase.
Just the standard 40 channels
Could you post more info on how too any pics?
Cheers Adrian

youngn
Forum Manager

Re: gme tx6200 tx mods

Post by youngn » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the forum!

What do you like listening to most on the radio?

Feel free to head over to the introduction section to tell us a bit about yourself, although I did notice you posted spam there about half an hour ago... :?:
"YOUNGN"